Thread: Big jump between Order Numbers issued

Default Big jump between Order Numbers issued

Hi

Last night between 8pm and midnight we have had a large jump between order numbers issued. Orders issued have been 17620, 17626, 17631, 17638, 17641 and normal from then on.

There are no orders in progress for any of the missing numbers.

I have called support and they have told me that it is nothing to worry about and is probably just people putting things in their basket and then leaving, but I thought that an order number was only issued once checkout had been started- we are always getting people putting things in baskets and then leaving, but this doesn't create an order number.

Having around 20 order numbers disappear in one evening is an awful lot - has any one else experienced this, or have any idea why it happened? I am wondering what may have happened and am curious as to why.

Thanks

Our order numbers are ok. Sequential as one would expect. Do you use PayPal? It might be a call back problem, where the orders are sitting in your PayPal account and not completed with BP properly.
    Gill

We had lots of call back problems with PP last night.

We are Paypal Pro. I have checked Paypal and there are no completed payments showing which haven't come through as orders (would call backs show in Paypal? I presume the customer has completed their payment and it would show up within Paypal activity?). I wasn't aware of call backs and don't think we have had this problem before, but I don't think it is what has happened here..

If your account on PayPal matches the orders on BP then at least there is no customer impact. Has anyone else got access to your BP admin? Could someone have changed the number in Configuration > Order - Order No Offset.
    Gill

I'm fairly certain if a customer gets to a certain point in checkout, they get allocated an order number.

No, only myself and my husband have access, guess it's just one of those things!

One thing you can do to check is go into the order processor for one of the orders, e.g. 17620

If you look at the URL at the end of it, there will be 'object=XXXXX' - that's blueparks ID number for that order - if you add 1 to that number and view that page, it should be for the next order along which in theory is 17621.

Depending on what you see on that page might help you understand what happened - e.g. if that order hasn't been completed you will only see partial information about that order - no item information. If the order number isn't 17621 then it suggests Blueparks system skipped some order numbers for some reason.