Thread: Product Descriptions

Default Product Descriptions

Does anyone use an outsider to write products description, I am having less and less time to do them lately, if so please could you pass any detail on of a good copywriter.

Thanks

I know a great copywriter who has (and is) done work for us.

I sent you a private message with his email.

I think its a difficult one this, it all depends on what you are selling I suppose but I find anyone from outside my trade (camping) would find it hard to write as good a description as myself as they don't know the product the way I do...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I think its a difficult one this, it all depends on what you are selling I suppose but I find anyone from outside my trade (camping) would find it hard to write as good a description as myself as they don't know the product the way I do...
    A good copywriter doesn't need to know his products - he needs to know how to write properly, I use 3 different writers on a freelance basis, they do not know the product like i do, but they produce the 'waffle', basically the bulk of the content and general info and i add in the specifics to personalise to the product.

It works well, we have risen above a lot of the big guys with their massive budgets by doing this.
    Regards

Neil.

if you don't mind, would you pm me some details please, and Ill make contact with them myself also
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A good copywriter doesn't need to know his products - he needs to know how to write properly, I use 3 different writers on a freelance basis, they do not know the product like i do, but they produce the 'waffle', basically the bulk of the content and general info and i add in the specifics to personalise to the product.

It works well, we have risen above a lot of the big guys with their massive budgets by doing this.
    I second that, could you also please message me with the three details of your copyrighters

Many Thanks

-Peter

Hi,

Just to add to this, I can also wholeheartedly recommend a very nice lady by the name of Maggie who you can contact through her website here: www.rockpapercopy.com

Before undertaking anybody, I would personally request an example from a product of my choosing (rather than letting them point me at an example of their previous work) just so I can see how adaptable they are and "get" the product or service they're being asked to write about.

Mike

I can vouch for Maggie too - she has done work for me in the past, and I have always been pleased with her efforts and her communication
    Terry