Thread: Problem with latest updates

Default Problem with latest updates

Thanks for the latest updates BluePark. It has a couple of things that I have wanted for a while. However the Paid invoice feature doesn’t seem quite right. It is showing account customers invoices as paid which is incorrect as account customers will pay 30-60 days after the order is completed.

Can anything be done to solve this please?

Thanks
    Chris

In the Order Processor, there is a payment status (paid/unpaid). The invoice reflects that setting. Orders placed using a credit account come in as unpaid, as they should.

You can fully ship an order and it will not complete unless it is also marked as paid - you should be marking it as paid after payment has been received. The new feature is, understandably, designed to work with this system.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Can I ask why, when I print out our dispatch notes, it's printing all of the products in bold ? We don't want it printing off in bold as it is using up far too much ink,

Also, is it possible to switch off the total amount of products at the bottom of the dispatch note ? We have no need for this feature.

Thanks

Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply

I must have something set up wrong. As when an unpaid order is fully shipped the status is automatically changed to part despatched (which is a status I have created and set to automatically set if "some items shipped"). As I don't what it to show as part despatched I then change it to completed which as you say markes it as paid. How can I have it so the it shows a status of despatched/unpaid?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post
    Can I ask why, when I print out our dispatch notes, it's printing all of the products in bold ? We don't want it printing off in bold as it is using up far too much ink,

Also, is it possible to switch off the total amount of products at the bottom of the dispatch note ? We have no need for this feature.

Thanks
    The product title gets lost where there are multiple lines for the product, i.e. the SKU, barcode, part number and additions are also present. Bolding the product title was implemented to improve readability on busy invoices and despatch notes.

We've altered this now so that the product title only gets bolded when any of the products on the document have multiple lines, as per the example above. If it's just the product title (including variants) on each line then it will not be displayed in bold.

The total number of products at the bottom of the despatch note is there to stay. It was requested by many users on this forum and it's just not practical to add an option for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply

I must have something set up wrong. As when an unpaid order is fully shipped the status is automatically changed to part despatched (which is a status I have created and set to automatically set if "some items shipped"). As I don't what it to show as part despatched I then change it to completed which as you say markes it as paid. How can I have it so the it shows a status of despatched/unpaid?
    There are automatic statuses for "some items shipped", or "all items shipped", and you can also have statuses moved to the bottom of the pending list via the Status Editor, so you can easily have a status where fully shipped, unpaid orders are dropped to the bottom of the list - and can be marked as paid when you receive payment, completing the order.

Thanks Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The product title gets lost where there are multiple lines for the product, i.e. the SKU, barcode, part number and additions are also present. Bolding the product title was implemented to improve readability on busy invoices and despatch notes.

We've altered this now so that the product title only gets bolded when any of the products on the document have multiple lines, as per the example above. If it's just the product title (including variants) on each line then it will not be displayed in bold.

The total number of products at the bottom of the despatch note is there to stay. It was requested by many users on this forum and it's just not practical to add an option for everything.

There are automatic statuses for "some items shipped", or "all items shipped", and you can also have statuses moved to the bottom of the pending list via the Status Editor, so you can easily have a status where fully shipped, unpaid orders are dropped to the bottom of the list - and can be marked as paid when you receive payment, completing the order.
    I don't think I'm explaining myself very well, I'll ring support.

Thanks
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post

Thanks
    This has been an issue for us today - we use product attributes as notes in bold on the despatch, so they stand out against the product that needs to be picked.- an otherwise good update has messed this right up.
    Regards

Neil.

I don't see any point in bolding the title on an invoice. We requested a while ago to have lines bolded when the quantity column was greater than one, to stop picking error, but surely just bolding the product title isn't going to help anyone. If the SKU/part number etc are left on the invoice, then surely this aids picking for each item, so why the need to bold just the product title? I feel the use of bold text is wasted here, and could have been used for a much better purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne - SAF View Post
    I don't see any point in bolding the title on an invoice. We requested a while ago to have lines bolded when the quantity column was greater than one, to stop picking error, but surely just bolding the product title isn't going to help anyone. If the SKU/part number etc are left on the invoice, then surely this aids picking for each item, so why the need to bold just the product title? I feel the use of bold text is wasted here, and could have been used for a much better purpose.
    Okay, the forum wins on this one. Bolded titles are gone from invoices and despatch notes.

If anyone asks why, I'll refer them here!