Thread: Anyone else got a really slow site?

Question Anyone else got a really slow site?

Even I am sick of waiting for the pages come in - anyone else finding the same today? It has been very quiet no orders at all when the rest of the week if has been really, really busy. Not done anything else other than add a few pics and items. Is it just me??

Yep, me too. Does our server need resetting?
    Jonathan Read

Phew, not just me then - was getting a bit paranoid about having some something to the site. You are not too far from me from what I remember Jonathon so maybe we are on the same server. I am North Herts. Does this make any difference I wonder?

Weird, the header & footer is not displaying at all for me and I cannot get to other pages either. Richard are you there?

Regards
    Jonathan Read

My husband said the same about my site, he could not get the header up but on my laptop it was showing just fine - when it loaded in. It takes a good 3 or 4 minutes to load each page.

I`ve been looking at a couple of sites in the Bluepark portfolio and most are very slow to load, it dosn`t seem to affect all of them though.

I did check a few before I posted - I believe that there are a few servers on BP and previously when my site has been down others have not been.

I am going to drop an email over to BK and see if Rich is there.

I think it may be due the Thawte cert, try removing the site seal. I did this on my bluepark site and non bluepark site (also with a thawte cert) and the pages loaded instantly.

Regards,

Martin

Martin is 100% correct, this is not an issue with the servers. Thawte's site seal is timing out, stalling the whole of the page. Most clients don't use the site seal on the homepage, but it will be affecting their checkout pages.

You can remove the site seal from the checkout pages via Configuration: Payment tab, the last field on the page. Make sure you keep a copy of the code, so you can put it back in when Thawte have fixed this issue.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks for that. I haven't looked at the checkout for a while - it's taking ages to process. No orders today either...

Thanks Rich, will get that done too. Cheers for answering so quickly.

ETA: Done that and it is working again. Where are all those orders now......
    Last edited by pinkypie; 05-03-2009 at 20:37.

Thanks from me too Rich, thats got it working again.

Can you post back here when the Thawte thing has been resolved so we can put it back as I know some customers look out for this?

Regards
    Jonathan Read

I had this issue yesterday p.m. too. I still have the cert on home pages etc and it all seems OK now.

Yup! Mine seems ok today too after replacing the site seal