Thread: PayPal Powered By Braintree

Default PayPal Powered By Braintree

Thanks Richard for integrating this with Bluepark.

The recurring subscription feature will prove most useful.

Does our site have to be PCI compliant to use this?

Very excited about this. Thanks Bluepark!

I would have been very excited about this too, but when I asked a few months back about recurring payments, I was told categorically that this would not be possible, and would not be something they would look to re-introduce. Hence, I built and hosted my other website on a different platform..such a shame
    Terry

I emailed Bluepark Support today and received this reply:-

The Braintree gateway requires the lowest level of PCI compliance, much like any other typical off-site gateway. The Braintree gateway is very advanced: it uses per-form-field iFrames to transmit data to PayPal's servers; the user-account-level storing of payment details for customers uses a tokenisation mechanism; the recurring billing aspect also uses this tokenisation mechanism as well. This means that you are not storing any card details (in actuality) and therefore the responsibility is on PayPal's shoulders.

In mind of 'on-site gateways vs off-site gateways' it really is the best of both worlds - appearing to be seamlessly on-site, whilst data is technically input off-site with the benefits of low-level PCI compliance that comes with such an arrangement.

Great but the fees are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I would have been very excited about this too, but when I asked a few months back about recurring payments, I was told categorically that this would not be possible, and would not be something they would look to re-introduce. Hence, I built and hosted my other website on a different platform..such a shame
    I got the same response. So glad I waited but I'm sorry about yours.

Rijam ... re fees, please see the thread in the Private Discussion, as other people hold precisely the opposite view!

Just want to understand definition of lowest level PCI compliance for this payment. Do i have to have a scan on my computer to comply with PCI.
    www.sadiesstraydogrescue.com
    www.yourpresents.co.uk

CLO....they are low if you are paying more. Much more expensive for me however.

Thanks, Rijam - I'd forgotten the scale of your business! For many of us 1.9 is better, as well as no monthly fees.

Glad you know the scale of my buisiness. This is a great integration for Bluepark and for those who just use Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Myitchydog View Post
    I got the same response. So glad I waited but I'm sorry about yours.
    Thats ok :-) I asked several times, in several different ways - and the response was very adamant that it wouldn't be coming - but hey, gave me an opportunity to try a different platform. The recurring payments have been brilliant for me on the other site - large take up - so, hopefully, you and many others will also get the same big makeup on BP.. Love it :-) Its a brilliant addition
    Terry

I missed this! I am trying to find out how it works.

What is the difference between this and normal PayPal?

Basically a lot of our sales are preorders, which in some cases are months away from delivery. At present I do not take PayPal, mainly as the customer pays when they place an order with Paypal, but I don't want to take payment up front, only when stock arrives.

I read the work "token" in a post above and that's what got my attention. Anyone in the know, is this something that fits in with what I have tried to explain above? Any help greatly appreciated.