Thread: Improving Site Using Attributes

Default Improving Site Using Attributes

Hi All

I want to add an attribute to a selection of existing products on my site to help improve the customer experience and ease of accessiblity, and hopefully help increase sales.
    The category contains about 150-200 products, is there a quick and easy to assign new attributes to all of these products without going through every single product?

Sorry if I have missed the obvious

Thanks

Use the export function Tim, update the attributes in the spreadsheet and then import it - much quicker process.

PS: always backup before you do an import
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Hi Shaun,

Thanks...that worked really well, and I have been doing quite a bit with importing and exporting since (always backing up first of course!)

Now I have another question....I have written several posts recently about how I am trying to improve my site for SEO purposes and ease of navigation using links. One of the things I have been working on is using the Attribute Manager and Category Manager to create an area for a particular author on my site, that just features books by that author. However I have run into a bit of a problem and wondering if there is an easy answer to this.

Some of my books have more than one author, eg. https://www.lovechristianbooks.com/c...800795269.html What I would like to do is to have all 3 authors listed seperately, in alphabetical order (along with the other authors) within the "Author 2" Advanced Search block https://www.lovechristianbooks.com/search.html, but only one line within the attribute "Author 2" in the back-end.....does anyone know if this is possible using HTML/CSS?

Thanks

Never mind.....I found out there is an option for this in the BP back-end!

Learn something new everyday!