Thread: Quantity Discounts

Default Quantity Discounts

I'm hoping to set up quantity discounts for certain products on my site.

For example, for a specific product, the normal Price is 10.00 each - buy 10 or more, and get them for 9.50 each

I'm currently on the Retail Park subscription (the cheapest one), because my website will not be ready to go live for a couple of months.

I can't see any way to set up quantity discounts on a per-product basis - is this because I need a Business Park or Enterprise Park subscription level to do it? I know that the Retail Park subscription doesn't have the Discount Manager option as standard....

If so, I'd be interested to know how it works on those higher-level subscriptions. Can I set up the discount for a single product? Can I set up multiple tiers of discount for a product? What message appears to the customer, to tell them about the quantity discount that is available on the product? And can the products' discounts be imported via the catalogue CSV import?

Thanks

softap

Hi
    The discount manager is quite flexible, and you set thresholds for the discountsScreenshot 2017-10-18 19.56.46.jpg
    Terry

Thanks Terry, It is difficult to read that screenshot, as it is quite small.

I would need to be able to specify the discounts via an incoming CSV product file (which is how all my product pricing is updated, since the prices change daily) - do you happen to know if that is possible?

softap

Quote Originally Posted by softap View Post

I would need to be able to specify the discounts via an incoming CSV product file (which is how all my product pricing is updated, since the prices change daily) - do you happen to know if that is possible?

softap
    Im afraid I have no idea about that, you could set the discount at a %age, depending on the number of units bought, then it wouldn't matter about the price changes, as the discount would be the constant?

Terry
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by softap View Post

softap
    Give the item(s) a specific pricing code, then apply the discount to that pricing code. If you want your pricing system to be controlled externally, then you could include that pricing code in your CSV import.

Joe
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@ScoreStore View Post
    Give the item(s) a specific pricing code, then apply the discount to that pricing code. If you want your pricing system to be controlled externally, then you could include that pricing code in your CSV import.

Joe
    Nice one :-)
    Terry

Hmm... I can see what you mean about pricing codes, but I have hundreds of different quantity discounts, which are calculated on a per-product basis - ie. it would be difficult to create "standard" discounts and give them a pricing code, as I might have one product with (say) a quantity discount buy 10 and get them at 13.23% off, another product at (say) buy 100 and get 6.23% off, etc - it all depends on the original RRP, and also the amount of discount a supplier gives us for that product.

Andy