Thread: 1st page Google

Default 1st page Google

After trying for months at long last we are on page 1 for the keyword Fascinators, been on page 2 - 4 a few times so hope we will stay this way!

Just tried it and you are page 7 of Google when searching for Fascinators using incognito window and my normal google,

Not that they count for as much as they used to your keywords field is blank:
    <meta name="keywords" content="Keywords"> Be worth ensuring that has the word fascinators in.

Sorry to say but page 7 for me also.

You probably need to delete your history and cache.

Oh well, keep trying!

I'm seeing you on page 6 when I checked today. Not being funny, but as a keyword Fascinators is so competitive. You are up against some major major players there who you may never beat. I don't think page 1 for Fascinators is going to ever be realistic. Instead I would concentrate on long tail keywords. You'll get more results that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    I'm seeing you on page 6 when I checked today. Not being funny, but as a keyword Fascinators is so competitive. You are up against some major major players there who you may never beat. I don't think page 1 for Fascinators is going to ever be realistic. Instead I would concentrate on long tail keywords. You'll get more results that way.
    Up until 2 days ago i'd have agreed with you, then i discovered in my annual i'm bored what shall i do now peek at google webmaster tools and analytics that i was page 1 position 6 for the major one word search term in my industry. So yes - it is possible, despite my competitors having six figure seo budgets.

I do no active seo btw. Just build my site for my customers.
    Regards

Neil.

The biggest problem we have had is I never changed my sitemap after changing to https. On the search console it shows we have gone from over 4000 page url's indexed to 4. Hopefully now sorted but to late for Christmas rush!. Not really worried about the term fascinators as we are on page one for most colours of fascinators and I think this is a more important search term.

Have a good Christmas everyone and thanks for your replies during 2017!

Exactly... I saw you were doing well for the long term keywords you have concentrated on like the colour so that is great.

https://www.serplab.co.uk/ - good way to check independently your serps. Mine down at the moment unfortunately...

While that is OK for an occasional check when you are in a hurry, I don't think it is advised to do it very often. Also, it doesn't tell you other important information that you get from actually seeing who is above you, who has moved up, and why.