Thread: Dropship Live Data Upload

Default Dropship Live Data Upload

Hi there,

we want to be able to retrieve the supplier's dropship live stock level data. This is not an issue however, their .csv or XML contains thousands of products and we don't want to be uploading all of them. From what I understand, BP will create a new product for every SKU that doesn't exist on the system which will end up with so many different redundant products. This live feed refreshes every 15 minutes so no manual handling is possible.

Question is: Do you guys have any way of extracting only certain rows from the raw data doc from the supplier and have BP ignore the others?

One workaround I thought of is to set the rest of the products inactive, but it doesn't seem like the best solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We import stock levels and it just ignores products on the feed which are not on BP. Created an import and mapped sku and product quantity fields to the feed and the feed is scheduled to run every hour and it works OK.

Suggest you take their feed and delete out all but a couple of products being one you sell and one you don't and try it yourself before doing a full update.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the advice. I have tried that but for all non existing products on BP but present in the csv, BP will create a new product. Unless I'm doing something differently to you.

Did you create the products where you import the stock levels manually first? I don't believe that would help anything but trying to make this work.

Alternatively, does anyone know a good way of bridging those two and create some sort of script that will manipulate the csv and then uploads it somewhere where BP can pick it up in the right format?

Hi Chris,

You must be doing something different to me then. Iíve been updating stock levels from a csv file for many many years without any problems.

Our products are pretty simple and we donít use variants so whether or not that is your issue I donít know.

Iíll send you an PM in the morning with a bit more info.

Chris

Do you actually need your site to be updated every 15 minutes? If you are only listing a small proportion of the suppliers file then unless they are often out of stock you might find a daily update is more than sufficient. If so then manipulating the supplier file or using it to update one containing only your products becomes feasible.
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Hi Gerard, we have quite a high volume of orders and so is the dropshipper so we need this completely automated. Otherwise we'll just end up apologising to our customers that something is out of stock all the time which is not ideal.