Thread: Text on home page?

Default Text on home page?

On my site, on my home page and some of my category pages, I have a lot of text above the categories/sub categories, if I move it to below the category/sub category images will it affect seo negatively?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

my site

Thank you.
    Kim
    Last edited by niche; 02-03-2018 at 07:59. Reason: addition

I'm not sure. Old SEO rules back in the day would be to put all the important text (and keywords) as near to the top of the page as you can but I don't know how much that matters anymore. Either way, user experience is important too so don't go too crackers with text above the important shop stuff. Visitors faced with a page of text instead of a clear view of the sub-categories or products or where they are going next will likely just leave.

I had a quick look and it looks fine on my PC how it is now. I can see the important stuff.... none of it is below the fold... on my screen anyway. You may want to check the mobile version though. I have text above on my main site (like yours but not as much) but on my mobile site I have the text at the bottom, cos you don't want all that text going below the fold on a little screen.

Hi Deefer, thanks for your input, very interesting to get your point of view. On my mobile site I always have the text below due to lack of space. Many thanks.