Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win 10 & Chrome not adding to basket?

Exclamation Win 10 & Chrome not adding to basket?

Has anyone noticed any problems with Chrome in Win10?

I've just tried adding items to the basket and it's just not working. The added to basket window doesn't pop up and nothing is added to the basket.

I've tried this on my old PC (Win 7) and chrome works fine. But when I try it on my brand new PC (win 10) it doesn't work. It works fine in edge. The problem affects all of the bluepark websites I've tried.

Strangely, the +/- buttons work, just not the add button.

If you need a specific link to test try this one:

https://www.brother-printers.co.uk/q...-2-colour.html

Hi,

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 also and working fine for me on the link you provided, so I'm guessing the fault is with Chrome your end.

Firstly, try clearing your cache by deleting your history.

Secondly, within Chrome, click on the three dots top right, go to 'settings', then 'advanced' and towards the bottom there will be the option to reset.

Thirdly, uninstall Chrome and re-install. If this still doesn't work then let me know and I'll tell you how to delete the hidden Chrome Apps folder as I'm sure this remains even when you uninstall Chrome, so could still cause problems even with a 'clean' install.

Mike

Works fine for me.

I would suggest you change the "fade" on the pop up box to zero rather than allowing the box to disappear after "n" seconds. This won't fix the problem but I prefer to have my setting like that to give the customer chance to make up their mind on where to go next.

I have been experiencing this for quite some time now with Chrome, it crops up sometimes when I am using MOTO or checking products. I have not reported it because it is very very intermittent and always resolves itself if I log out of the site and then back in again, I would guess at maybe 50 instances over the last few month's.

I put it down to my ageing computer (I have not upgraded this to Windows 10) but perhaps it is a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    I have been experiencing this for quite some time now with Chrome, it crops up sometimes when I am using MOTO or checking products. I have not reported it because it is very very intermittent and always resolves itself if I log out of the site and then back in again, I would guess at maybe 50 instances over the last few month's.

I put it down to my ageing computer (I have not upgraded this to Windows 10) but perhaps it is a bug?
    I thought it was just me, I have had similar experiences: Intermittant, Chrome and just the 'Add to Cart' Button which has javascript behind it. But of course this stops customers completing checkout. I have disabled Adblocker etc and retested, even on a simple reinstall of chrome still a problem. Until now I have just put it down to something I was doing or had installed.
    Rob

Just to add, myself and a few other BPers have experienced this issue dating back quite a number of years. It has been raised with BP Support and we have all forwarded logs, screen dumps even video of the issue but it has never been resolved. I personally have experienced on both Chrome and Firefox, it is very frustrating when it happens and even more so when it happens to a customer and we can't explain to them why it is happening or how to resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Just to add, myself and a few other BPers have experienced this issue dating back quite a number of years. It has been raised with BP Support and we have all forwarded logs, screen dumps even video of the issue but it has never been resolved. I personally have experienced on both Chrome and Firefox, it is very frustrating when it happens and even more so when it happens to a customer and we can't explain to them why it is happening or how to resolve it.
    Yes I’m one of those BPers who have experienced this problem across different browsers, when using MOTO and also as a user. How many customers bother reporting this to us I don’t know and maybe they jog off elsewhere to shop
    Regards,

Dave

We've noticed it too, on and off over the years (with Firefox).

this is very worrying I have to say, we could all be loosing business

Quote Originally Posted by Bandanashop View Post
    I thought it was just me, I have had similar experiences: Intermittant, Chrome and just the 'Add to Cart' Button which has javascript behind it. But of course this stops customers completing checkout. I have disabled Adblocker etc and retested, even on a simple reinstall of chrome still a problem. Until now I have just put it down to something I was doing or had installed.
    Rob
    I tried it again today and it works, nothing has changed. Just to be clear this is a brand new PC, with a fresh install of Win 10 and Chrome, it's not yet polluted by too much in the way of extra software, add-ins and ad-blockers...

I am still getting this very intermittently, I have only ever had this when I am logged in (I don't have cause to use when not logged in often)

As this would not show anywhere if a customer had this issue (they would not have a basket) has anyone had customers say they have experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    has anyone had customers say they have experienced this?
    Yes, still happening from time to time. No idea what the cause is. I've replicated it myself a few times by chance, and we do tend to take the odd call from customers saying that nothing happens when they try and add to basket. Previously I was using Firefox on a Win 10 PC, now I'm almost always using Safari on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by little-linguist View Post
    we do tend to take the odd call from customers saying that nothing happens when they try and add to basket.
    That is the worrying part, as there is no way to know if or how much this is affecting customers.

Iíve had a customer email me this afternoon to say she canít add anything to her basket. I thought it was because she was trying to add an out of stock item but reading tho thread, it seems thereís an actual problem

This issue has been rearing it's head for years and has no bearing on the Browser or OS versions. It has been escalated into support by myself and various others at a very detailed level and no resolution can be found, I believe the last time it was escalated it was suggested it could be add on's (unidentified) within the Browsers that are causing a conflict. I have experienced it myself on several occasions but it is very intermittent and very hard to replicate. Very probably a significant number of lost sales since first we first noticed the issue all those years back

I think re-reading this again that collectively we are at the point where somebody at Bluepark should be looking at this don't you think? I had this again last week. Luckily I can switch to another machine on the same desk but this is clearly going to increase lost sales if a user can't complete the checkout. Chrome + Win10 must be a very common software combination. Its got to be something to do with the javascript on the add-to-basket button action.

Has this issue been resolved ?

Just reviewing BP, considering moving our site but obviously concerned.

Id appreciate an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulz View Post
    Has this issue been resolved ?

Just reviewing BP, considering moving our site but obviously concerned.

Id appreciate an update.
    Im personally not having any issues and I would highly recommend BP for ease of use and excellent customer support. I hope you decide to join. I have been with them since 2012 and have never considered moving since finding them.

Kim

Used BP since 2008 no problems, on a number of sites.
    as for Chrome and windows 10, have exactly that and no issues.
    Last edited by GreatLight; 31-01-2019 at 11:56. Reason: clarification
    Graham

Great Lighting UK Ltd
    www.greatlighting.co.uk

I still get this issue occasionally and have been testing this over the last few weeks.

I now believe it is connected to the other thread about slow admin speed as I have found that if you wait...eventually it pops up.

It would be good if other people experiencing this would try waiting to see if it does eventually pop up, I have found it can take up to around 20 seconds.