Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GDPR Resubscribe Email Template

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Yay, that sounds fab. Thanks Cate.

Just wondering if it is possible to put the subscribe form directly into the email, in the same way I have it sitting in my footer, if that makes sense? More than happy to make a page on my site but thought I would ask, just in case.

Either way, can I just go ahead and use my existing subscribe form (form_3) so everyone is together or do I have to keep them completely separate via a new form please?
    You can't add a form into an email, it's just not something that is a standard functionality of email clients. Most would see it as insecure and mostly likely direct it into spam. The form should be on the website and then you can direct email subscribers to it.

You can use the same form you already have, but I would suggest adding it to a separate page, to make sure customers know where to find it.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cate View Post

• Create a new email within the Email Newsletter section in your admin console
    • Click on the Source button at the top left of the WYSIWYG and paste in the code
    • Click on the Source button again to view the email
    • Click on the broken image at the top to highlight it and upload the email header image to replace it
    • Give your email a title
    • Select Non-GDPR Compliant Users in the Recipients drop-down and save
    • Now you're ready to send
    What happens about users with plain text email rather than HTML? By default the newsletter generates the text version automatically, but when I view the preview the button has been replaced by the text "Keep Me Subscribed " but there is no link for them to cut and paste, so no way to subscribe...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cate View Post
    There is no GDPR compliant users filter because, once the deadline of May 25th comes, you should tick the Require GDPR compliant consent option in Site > Configuration > Site Options to make sure any email newsletter, product review email and follow-up email only ever goes out to GDPR compliant contacts.
    I have turned on this feature and can see how it records consent if you tick the box during checkout. But what happens next time they order? If they consent once does the box not appear next time? Or does it appear, but ticked by default? Or does it appear unticked? Obviously, it would be highly undesirable if they had to consent every time they placed an order and if they missed the box once they became "un-consented"...

Also, is there (or will there be) a way to differentiate between those that have consented and those that haven't, on the user page? Perhaps a different colour? A new column? or a new filter?

I'm just wondering once I send the GDPR email how will I know who has actually replied to it?