Thread: Data scheduling ftp renames file as .old after one use?

Angry Data scheduling ftp renames file as .old after one use?

I set up a data schedule, and tested that it was working and everything looked fine. Now I'm getting problems and it looks like the data scheduling is NOT working.

Further investigation shows that the file I uploaded into file manager, and that I thought was being imported every day, has been renamed [file].csv.old

I've just tested it and it seems it only uploads it once then renames it with the extension ".old"

What is the point of that? How do I schedule it to just do as its told and import the same file every day?

Our's is setup to pull the file across from our wholesales website and update stock, cost and sales prices. Been running it for many years and everything works fine.

I believe it renames the file old after it's finished so next time it runs it can pull the file across without having to delete the previous file.
    Regards,

Dave

Dave, why not use a batch file to rename it back at midnight or something e.g. rename c:\ftpfile.csv.old c:\ftpfile.csv ?

Because it's not on the C: drive, it's in the users directory. But I got around the problem by uploading the file to a spare FTP server. In that case it doesn't rename the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Our's is setup to pull the file across from our wholesales website and update stock, cost and sales prices. Been running it for many years and everything works fine.

I believe it renames the file old after it's finished so next time it runs it can pull the file across without having to delete the previous file.
    Does the wholesale's file update all or just some of your stock?

We're looking into setting up an import from one of our wholesalers, but BP told us that it cannot be used to just update stock on selected products (that are contained in the import).

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    Does the wholesale's file update all or just some of your stock?

We're looking into setting up an import from one of our wholesalers, but BP told us that it cannot be used to just update stock on selected products (that are contained in the import).
    We had one file from a wholesaler which we would import multiple times to update cost price and generate sales price based on a percentage uplift and also update stock levels. We had to organise our products within BP to have different import codes (A to Z) and if required export codes. We then setup an import routines for example to update just products which an import code of 'A' or 'B' and it worked fine and ran for years without any issues.

Our products were simple products without any variants.
    Regards,

Dave