Thread: Reviews

Default Reviews

Hi Im thinking of trying to get reviews and wonder the best way to go as Ive not done it before. I was thinking of putting a link to google reviews in a follow up email to customers but not sure if this is the best option but I want to use the best media from the beginning and also to have stars showing under our website (this may not be possible with google reviews mind). I realise there are people like trust pilot etc but that is expensive and Im not sure if I want to go down that route yet. Who do other people use and what are peoples experiences on reviews? I don't want product reviews as our products are one off and get deleted soon after being sold, it was more a review of our business.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by niche; 17-09-2018 at 17:11. Reason: addition

Easiest way is probably using your google business page and encourage people to leave reviews via your email footer in any system generated emails to customers.

Yes that seems a good way to do things. Thank you.

Following on from this, does anybody know how to set up a page on the site so I can get customers to review us directly on our website? I know you can do it at product level but I do not want it at product level, I want it to be general? Would really appreciate it if anybody knows?

Simple answer is you canít as BP only does reviews at product level !

Suppose you could try and setup a product called reviews and change the review email so it always points to that product. Change various links to point at that page and use latest product review block on home page etc.

Not ideal but might be worth having a tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Simple answer is you can’t as BP only does reviews at product level !

Suppose you could try and setup a product called reviews and change the review email so it always points to that product. Change various links to point at that page and use latest product review block on home page etc.

Not ideal but might be worth having a tinker.
    Hi Dave, Im definitely going to see if I can get round it that way, thank you for your input,
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Hi Dave, Im definitely going to see if I can get round it that way, thank you for your input,
    Kim
    No problem Kim, Let us know how it goes.
    Regards,

Dave

No problem Kim, Let us know how it goes.
    Hi Dave, Ive looked at this, but am I understanding you correctly in that people would see the product page (ie Review) like a product in order to do a review once it is set up?

Hi Dave, Ive looked at this, but am I understanding you correctly in that people would see the product page (ie Review) like a product in order to do a review once it is set up?
    Well pretty much so yes. However, thinking about it a bit more you could create yourself a category called reviews and assign the review product to that category. Benefit in doing it this way is you can then take a copy of your template and assign it to the review category only. You could then change the customer HTML (on your copy review template) for the product page to remove things like image, price, add to basket etc etc etc.

Pretty sure it will work but it's not an easy workaround and maybe too much work. As I say it's a work around and no doubt there would be a few issues along the way.
    It would be much easy if BP modified the review system so people could switch on reviews by company or product
    Last edited by Dave; 22-09-2018 at 09:31.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave, I would like to try this and I will look into it although Im not exactly sure how to take a "copy of your template and assign it to the review category only" though. It needs to be done at template level does it? Im keen to have a go now if I can but if not I will be getting a website overhaul in the coming months/new year so I may try and incorporate it properly then (hoping Shelley will be doing it so if anything is possible she will be able to do it!).

Yes I don't know why we dont have this as a basic feature in BP as many of us dont have repeatable products.

Thank you for your suggestions,
    Kim

In template manager under the actions columns there are 5 icons, one of these is copy. When you create the new category under the properties tab you can select the new copied template.

If your not confident with the above, and please don't take this the wrong way, you will probably struggle when it comes to the HTML side of things changing the new copied template.
    Regards,

Dave

In template manager under the actions columns there are 5 icons, one of these is copy. When you create the new category under the properties tab you can select the new copied template.

If your not confident with the above, and please don't take this the wrong way, you will probably struggle when it comes to the HTML side of things changing the new copied template.
    Hi David, thank you I appreciate your help, and you are correct I would struggle with html and wouldn't attempt that, so I should wait and get it looked at when I have the website revamped. Thanks for your help

Hi Kim,

I had a play with this at the weekend and have got it working pretty well.

Only downside is you canít really show featured reviews on the product pages because as the reviews are setup as a product it shows the product title against each review, so for example it says customer review against each review if that makes sense ? So I have hidden latest reviews block on product pages.

However, from the navigation bar I now have a link called customer reviews which takes you to a single page of reviews.

Happy to have a look for you or if you want but would obviously need access to your site or I can PM you step by step guide.

Hi Dave, aren't you good!! How kind of you to take some time on this for me. If you had time to do the step by step guide it would be great, Im excited about this now!!

Thank you so so much Dave,
    Best
    Kim

Sent you a PM
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Im thinking of trying to get reviews and wonder the best way to go as Ive not done it before. I was thinking of putting a link to google reviews in a follow up email to customers but not sure if this is the best option but I want to use the best media from the beginning and also to have stars showing under our website (this may not be possible with google reviews mind). I realise there are people like trust pilot etc but that is expensive and Im not sure if I want to go down that route yet. Who do other people use and what are peoples experiences on reviews? I don't want product reviews as our products are one off and get deleted soon after being sold, it was more a review of our business.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Do you know if I can use Trustpilot? I already use it on my site. Can you look and let me know please? site

Quote Originally Posted by maz78 View Post
    Do you know if I can use Trustpilot? I already use it on my site. Can you look and let me know please?
    Yes. Think a few people here use TrustPilot.
    Regards,

Dave

Yes. Think a few people here use TrustPilot.
    We tried to use Trustpilot but gave up a nobody could get it to work without serious slowing down our site.