Thread: RM Click and Drop

Default RM Click and Drop

is there an easier way to import orders to Royal Mail Click and Drop?

at the minute I am having to do it manually, where as ebay and amazon is automatic

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    is there an easier way to import orders to Royal Mail Click and Drop?
    at the minute I am having to do it manually, where as ebay and amazon is automatic
    Yes, create a free Dropbox account, associate it to your click and drop account via Settings > Integrations. FTP / push / send a csv file of your orders to the dropbox account either as individual orders or batched with one order per row. Then Click and Drop will pull in the orders and create them on Click and Drop within a few seconds. We have got it so that an order created on BP has a RM label coming out of the printer within 1-2 mins of the order being created on Bluepark. There are a couple of switches you need to click on Click-and-Drop - you have to set 'Autoprint' ON and you have to associate a named Zebra Label printer to the machine doing the import.
    Regards
    Rob

thank you, I don't use a zebra, is use a lazer printer with 4 labels per page,

but you cant use ftp with dropbox can you?

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    but you cant use ftp with dropbox can you?
    That's true you can't, however, there is a dropbox API...
    This is how you might approach it in the Python programming language in simplistic terms with very simple error checking.
    If you think about how many minutes you might loose, chained to Royal Mail's click and drop website its a real incentive to learning a little about python or similar which is taught in secondary schools now. Then put the program name in a two line batch file and use Windows Task Manager to run it in the background for you 100 x a day.

See how learning about 1 x API connects you to another then another like daisy-chains, leaving you to concentrate on running your business rather than cutting and pasting information from one website to another? IMHO I think its the single biggest business investment anybody running a BP website can make based on ROI.

import dropbox
    from dropbox.files import WriteMode
    from dropbox.exceptions import ApiError, AuthError

AccessToken = 'A very long token given to me from dropbox'
    dbx = dropbox.Dropbox(AccessToken)
    LOCALFILE = 'C:\\mydropboxlocation\\PrintLabels\\' + str(CSVFileName)
    REMOTEFILENAME = CSVFileName

try:
    with open(LOCALFILE, 'rb') as f:
    dbx.files_upload(f.read(), directoryname + str(REMOTEFILENAME), mode=WriteMode('overwrite'))
    print('It worked!')
    except Exception as e:
    print('It didnt work - check %e',e)

Can't put indent with spaces in this post for some reason.

Regards
    Rob

In reply to Michelle:
    Royal Mail are really tied to Zebra Printers, so I'm not sure if that would work. Zebra LP2844 70 second-hand on Ebay and very robust. Also free labels from Royal Mail Business Supplies.

You know, I've been putting it off for ages, Rob. I'm going to knuckle down and get learning!
    Joe

I've been using net despatch with a velocity connector and it really is so simple once set up. I only go into click and drop to print a returns label, as this cannot be generated with net despatch. I also use a zebra LP2844 printer and get the supplies from royal mail.

Do it Joe, You are investing in yourself and your business. If 12 year olds are learning it at school how hard can it be?
    Also there is a ton of free resources on youtube etc for this now. If you get stuck I will try and help.

Another way - just announced by Royal Mail today - Click and Drop desktop

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc...k-Drop-Desktop

Most ecommerce systems seem to be integrated with Click and Drop - cant BluePark - there is lots of demand from its users so would be good for them to update the system so we can do it hassle free.