Thread: Credit Card Surcharge

Default Credit Card Surcharge

Is there anyway to add a percentage surcharge for customers paying by credit card? This is for a trade site - we charge trade customers 2% fro paying by credit card.

From last January surcharges were banned.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    From last January surcharges were banned.
    Not for B2B

"The ban does not apply to payments made with corporate credit or debit cards, but merchants who take payments from these sorts of cards (typically B2B businesses), cannot charge fees higher than the costs they have incurred for processing payments."
    Regards,

Dave

Some parts of the ban do apply for B2B and even if they do not the amount charged is limited the the costs incurred.
    Richard

Credit card charges are fine for business contracts and our terms and conditions include these in any case. So is there any way to implement them on BP?

Credit Card charges are overheads, so should be included in you costings, we do not do business with any company that charges a surcharge

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Credit card charges are fine for business contracts and our terms and conditions include these in any case. So is there any way to implement them on BP?
    Hi Ashley, I don't think you can do this via BP. You can certainly use SagePay to add the surcharge to the transaction but then obviously you somehow need to edit the customers order afterwards to their invoice reflects the true transaction value.

https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/12...o-your-account
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    Credit Card charges are overheads, so should be included in you costings, we do not do business with any company that charges a surcharge
    It's fairly normal for businesses to charge other businesses a surcharge for using a credit card. Some of our orders are for 20,000 plus a time. Most customers are on account terms, using direct debit or BACS but if they want to run their businesses on a credit card, I'm not going to pay for their cash back!

(Personally, I think the whole system is wrong and it should be the credit card holder who pays all charges directly to their card provider, but that's another story)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hi Ashley, I don't think you can do this via BP. You can certainly use SagePay to add the surcharge to the transaction but then obviously you somehow need to edit the customers order afterwards to their invoice reflects the true transaction value.

https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/12...o-your-account
    Thanks we are using SagePay. The problem is that (as you say) the surcharge is not reflected on the payment screen, although it is added. I did wonder whether sagepay server might be the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    It's fairly normal for businesses to charge other businesses a surcharge for using a credit card. Some of our orders are for 20,000 plus a time. Most customers are on account terms, using direct debit or BACS but if they want to run their businesses on a credit card, I'm not going to pay for their cash back!

(Personally, I think the whole system is wrong and it should be the credit card holder who pays all charges directly to their card provider, but that's another story)
    If you are taking orders of over 20,000 a time and paying 2% fees you ought to look for another provider. You should be paying closer to 1.1% to 1.3%. At that level its probably no more expensive than offering account terms with a consequent bad debt risk. Certainly any company that asks me, or my business, to pay 2% won't get the business as I would assume they are making a profit on that charge
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13