Thread: Braintree or Stripe?

Default Braintree or Stripe?

Hi. I'm new to Bluepark having run a shop on the Ekm platform for many years.

My Bluepark shop hasn't gone live yet and I'm struggling to decide which payment methods I should use. On my Ekm shop I use PayPal Payments Standard and Sage Pay for card processing both online and over the telephone, and I'm in the process of setting up Amazon Pay (but I understand this isn't offered on BP). I want to set up payment methods that are mobile responsive and include digital wallets (although, again, I understand BP don't offer these at the moment).

I'm looking at Braintree and Stripe as possible solutions, but I'm not sure if either of these cater for MOTO payments. Of the card payments currently processed via Sage Pay, around 30% are taken over the telephone (we seem to have a lot of customers who are not computer savvy or even online), so the virtual terminal has been essential. I have seen forum posts that suggest Stripe allows you to process cards through their dashboard, but limits these to about 10% of sales.

So, my questions are:

1) What are your preferences - Stripe or Braintree? Pros and cons for each?
    2) If I choose Stripe, I guess I will still need to install a PayPal payment option?
    2) Do I need to retain Sage Pay to process card payments over the phone?

Any advice from those of you who already use these options would be very greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ros

Hi Ros, welcome to BP. You might find some useful info in this forum already on this subject, if you search for Stripe or Braintree lots comes up that you may find interesting as I know its been discussed and there are other users on here. Other people may be able to answer your specific questions, I know I was waiting for Bluepark to set up Apple Pay on Stripe before I moved over.

Good luck
    Kim

Can't comment on Braintree, but we started using Stripe a few months back and all has gone well. We no longer have to pay monthly fees to SagePay and First Data Merchant Services (our old set up) which is a bonus. We've done a few MOTO payments with Stripe with no problems, but you may have problems if 30% of your payments are this way - best to send them an email to check. We don't offer PayPal so can't help with that part of your question.