Thread: Global gift wrap or other tick box / comment in checkout

Default Global gift wrap or other tick box / comment in checkout

We need a tickbox or comment box or something in our checkout that asks if the item is a gift. This is just a question, there are no options or costs involved, we just need to ask and get an answer somehow.

Is there a way to add something to the checkout like that? I know we could add something like that to each item as an option, but we just need it once, in the checkout and not for any specific item. (and be able to word it as required)

I realise there is an option to get a comment box in the checkout already. That's not ideal (tick box would be better), but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, unless I missed it somewhere, the "Comments:" label that goes next to the box is like the only word on the whole website that is NOT in the language manager so we can't modify it to contain a message...

Haven't got time to test now but I would have thought it was possible to do something with the addition manager and a form. I think, from memory, you can set additions to apply to 'all products' and to appear in the basket only. If you create a form with a check box and link this to the addition then you can probably get somewhere close to what you're after. Like I said, I haven't tested it, but it may be a starting point.
    Lisa

www.digitalcolourservices.co.uk

A top quality Professional Print Service for Artists and Photographers

• Giclιe Printing • Canvas Printing • Custom Greetings Cards • Envelopes • Cellophanes • Invitations • Photo Gifts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Haven't got time to test now but I would have thought it was possible to do something with the addition manager and a form. I think, from memory, you can set additions to apply to 'all products' and to appear in the basket only. If you create a form with a check box and link this to the addition then you can probably get somewhere close to what you're after. Like I said, I haven't tested it, but it may be a starting point.
    hmmm... that looks as though it might do what you think it does - but in practice it doesn't appear to work...

Adding the addition adds it to each item in the basket.

There is an option to integrate a form into it, and an option to make it one form per order rather than product. These would seem to do what you suggest - But neither of those 2 options actually appear to work...?

ok, I think I've got this figured out now. So on the addition it needs to be selectable:no, filed:hidden, select:yes, required:yes. Then the form appears on the 1st page of the checkout, without also having a tick box on each product. (the tickbox seems to be whether or not the form appears)

removed - no longer required
    Last edited by Deefer; 06-10-2021 at 12:57. Reason: removed

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    ok, I think I've got this figured out now. So on the addition it needs to be selectable:no, filed:hidden, select:yes, required:yes. Then the form appears on the 1st page of the checkout, without also having a tick box on each product. (the tickbox seems to be whether or not the form appears)
    That doesn't appear to work either.