Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Admin Updates - What Do we think

Default New Admin Updates - What Do we think

Have to say, whilst updates are always welcome, I am not a fan of this new admin page.

I always say if it's not broke, why fix it?

Everything feels too spread out.

Worst of all I can no longer see the Home Page where all the info and link I use are all in one place, but now to get to the same pages it involves additional clicks, which okay isn't the end of the world, but nether the less, a step backwards IMO. It always has to be viewed like that when you extra clicks to move around.

Sorry, not a fan of the update.

I just feel there are many other things the time could have been spent on before time is spent making the admin page prettier.

The loyalty point scheme (which seem to be more and more popular) is as basic as it can be, that needs a overhaul. ie having different points for different product/categories thus giving the option for offering discount via spendable points, guaranteeing return business, or allowing promotions, ie double/treble point days, without applying it to existing orders etc etc

I sure I am not alone in wanting free shipping on products to apply across an entire order and not just if that one product is in the basket.

Maybe even the function of having an option to allow customers to amend or cancel orders or update their address themselves, and no doubt a host of other tweaks.

That's a tiny few of small tweaks that would improve how customers use the site.

If there was an option of clicking back to how it was, I would.

Don't take that as a dig at Bluepark. I think the site is fantastic. But don't see the point of spending time on tweaking the admin page, when far more stuff could be done first to give the customer a better experience in our stores.
    Last edited by Wayne - SAF; 05-03-2019 at 10:00.

I agree - I really don't like it. I'm sure there's loads of improvements in there in terms of navigation, etc., but the appearance is a step backwards - everything is so spread out, double line spacing, use of grey lines/highlights that are so close to the background colour they're near invisible.
    I'm sure it may help some who have large very high res monitors, but they at least have the option of reducing their screen resolution if it's too small/dense. I don't see why we have to make all the content bigger and more spaced out. We're not, by and large I hope, trying to run this system from a mobile phone (are we??) so we should take advantage of the screen space available.
    Please give us the option of the previous size/density/spacing.

My staff absolutely hate it.

There was nothing wrong with how it was and the time would have been better spent improving and modernising front end functionality.

BP is falling along way behind the competition right now 😔

+1 on our staff not liking the new look.

Yes the new system looks more modern, yes it might be more intuitive, but working on it now is going to take longer and is harder to see due to the grey colours.

Hopefully it hasn't taken 4 months to do this (it has been 4 months since the last minor update), as it is very unimportant to the likes of the highest paying blueparkers that require Royal Mail/courier integrated shipping systems instead of using work arounds, retail finance, a more advanced product finder system, more advanced product and sales reporting etc etc.

Can we have a revert button?

On a side note - Would be nice to have a new forum section for feature requests with a vote up button to see demand and to give new ideas.

On the plus side there is the option to go back to the menu bar rather than the left bar, but I agree it's is too spaced out.

I understand that things do need modernising from time to time, but this does seem to involve more clicking and scrolling to get around than it used to.

Also my staff are now seeing graphs and statistics when they log in, which they don't need to.
    Chris

My staff preferred the old panel, I'm not sure what this adds. Definitely get less on a page. The lightbox didn't work with our sites so we have had to switch that off. It would have been nice to have had a warning that this was coming as it has caused a lot of grief this morning!

Hate it, I spend my life scrolling around pages now, instead of everything being nice and compact, and I am not one that just hates change, but if it is causing me to have to spend more time moving the mouse it can't be good.

Plus some things just don't work correctly, such as the light box feature, gets me an error, when I close the frame. and I have to them click the back button on the browser to move forward with my work.

This is all on a 21 inch monitor, if it was on a laptop or ipad, I imagine it would be a nightmare.

what the hell? the 'view packing note" icon has disappeared from the order screen? We used that with the right-click 'open in new tab' feature to streamline our process now it's gone it's adding a huge amount of extra work!

Change always takes a while to adjust at first, but my first impression is that personally I like it. The lightboxes instead of popup windows is a big improvement IMO.

Like any business, in order to survive you need to attract new customers and I think this is one of the main reasons behind the change. Most people shopping around for an eCommerce solution will try out a number of platforms before deciding, so first impressions count. The cleaner, modern look brings Bluepark more inline with it's competitors and the extra spacing helps make everything look less overwhelming.

I'm sure Rich will take any criticisms
    on-board and make any tweaks where required.

Mike

It's too padded out, we need an option to have a compact style, So far I'm not a fan, the old system was intuitive, fast and compact and I knew where everything was!

Just to add to this, I agree things need to move forward, but between the new bluepark website, and the new back-end I wonder what else has been sacrificed. As Neil said, bluepark is getting left in the dark, all I want is API integrations lately so I can speak to other sites, and they can speak to me, we can't even do Royal Mail Online now, since Netdispatch is not taking anymore customers (ever), surely a direct link into click and drop would be better.

But I do fear that instead of holding on the all the old customers (with regular month on month money), bluepark will become somewhere you try for a couple of months and then move on to something that can do what you need it to in the future.

If anybody is listening to this, forget all the making thing look nice, and let me speak to Amazon, Etsy, Mailchimp. Royal Mail, DPD, DHL etc. etc., all the day to day things that my business needs to do. And yes I know that Linnworks now has an API link with bluepark, but that has to be the worst software I have ever seen.

Maybe bluepark should make their own multichannel software as a paid monthly subscription, I know I would pay anything upto £200-£300 a month, with all the right integrations.

Can we please have an option to skin back to the original admin panel please? This is a genuine request

I am sure there is a reason why this has been done, but with something as sensitive as this - I think the community could have been involved. I have researched a number of competitors and funnily the main reason I hate the alternatives is because of this type of interface (plus a few other factors).

I would be surprised if this was high up on the feedback list BP did a while back.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MooreSpeed View Post
    +1 on our staff not liking the new look.

Yes the new system looks more modern, yes it might be more intuitive, but working on it now is going to take longer and is harder to see due to the grey colours.

Hopefully it hasn't taken 4 months to do this (it has been 4 months since the last minor update), as it is very unimportant to the likes of the highest paying blueparkers that require Royal Mail/courier integrated shipping systems instead of using work arounds, retail finance, a more advanced product finder system, more advanced product and sales reporting etc etc.

Can we have a revert button?

On a side note - Would be nice to have a new forum section for feature requests with a vote up button to see demand and to give new ideas.
    All Excellent points. It's been so long I had forgotton I used a work around system for Royal Mails click and drop, until it stopped working this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne - SAF View Post
    All Excellent points. It's been so long I had forgotton I used a work around system for Royal Mails click and drop, until it stopped working this morning!
    Yes my click and drop stopped working this morning also.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    Yes my click and drop stopped working this morning also.
    Glad its not just me doing something stupid then!

This really winds me up about changes like this. They seem to be done by people who won't actually use the sites. Amazon, PayPal etc, they have all done, taken perfectly fine system and updated to look nicer, yet forget some poor sod has to operate them.

Just started editing a few products, and fully see now why people are saying its too spread out. It's just ridiculous now. Updates are meant to make things better, not alienate most of the user base, as judging by the comments here Bluepark have managed to do.

+1 Yes, lightboxes are a good improvement and work well for us.

We export all orders to CSV from the order manager and import them into Royal Mail click and drop by using the C&D deskop software (you basically drop the csv file into the watch folder and it imports the orders automatically). Works OK but not as good as a direct feed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Like any business, in order to survive you need to attract new customers and I think this is one of the main reasons behind the change. Most people shopping around for an eCommerce solution will try out a number of platforms before deciding, so first impressions count. The cleaner, modern look brings Bluepark more inline with it's competitors and the extra spacing helps make everything look less overwhelming.
    Agreed. But just as important as attracting new customers, is keeping your existing ones happy. Refreshing the way the admin side looks would be great, if there wasn't a huge list of things that need doing first. I can't be the only one who uses Click and Drop and uses a work around that doesn't need to be there.

I can't be the only one who would like to use the loyalty point scheme, but can't because it is so basic and limited in what it can do.

I can't be the only one who would like to offer free shipping on certain products to encourge people to order other products, but can't as if a customer adds another item to the basket it will charge shipping without using all sorts of work arounds that adds more things for the stores customers to do.

Making the admin console look prettier to attract new business, only works if your existing clients are not having to use work around after work around, to operate functions that should be quite easy to make work without the need for workarounds.

For example, if a customer select DPD shipping, and its a pre-order the system sets the order status to preorder. When stock arrives and the system releases the orders, it will set the status to pending not DPD. Result have to manually check all foreign to make sure we are shipping the correct method. Errors are made, customers complain. Little bugs like that should be fixed before time is wasted on making an admin console prettier to look at, because that's all it is. As people have said, its not easier to use.

This is not anti-bluepark, I usually do nothing but sing their praises , but in honestly 6 years, I can't think of anything that's really changed, and a lot of the functions, if you want to use them, involved workarounds that just confuse your store customers.

Quote Originally Posted by MooreSpeed View Post
    +1 Yes, lightboxes are a good improvement and work well for us.

We export all orders to CSV from the order manager and import them into Royal Mail click and drop by using the C&D deskop software (you basically drop the csv file into the watch folder and it imports the orders automatically). Works OK but not as good as a direct feed!
    Is your click and drop working this morning. Because it appears since last night a few of us can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne - SAF View Post
    Is your click and drop working this morning. Because it appears since last night a few of us can't use it.
    Yes ours is fine as we just export the orders from Bluepark order manager and import them into C&D.