Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netdespatch ending 31st May

Default Netdespatch ending 31st May

Hi all,

I've been given the heads up from our RM account manager that they are pulling the plug on Netdespatch at the end of May (formal notification has gone out to all users apparently but we've not received any correspondence yet).

This is going to be a massive problem for us (and many others that use ND I suspect) unless we can find another platform to generate labels through or unless BP develop an integration with something else. We process all our RM labels through ND and it has worked brilliantly for several years now and has streamlined our operation enormously. Our account manager mentioned Pro Shipping as an alternative option but I've no experience of this.

I've called Bluepark and made them aware of it as they hadn't heard from ND yet.

Cheers
    Paul

If this is the case then I can fully understand - the software is now a bit behind the times, but i haven't had any correspondence as yet either.

I will be integrating our booking system with the RM api shipping.....

Already integrated to APC as well.... can't promise, but i wonder if its something others may be interested in if launch as a service.
    Regards

Neil.

We also have received this notification regarding Net Despatch stopping on the 31st May and like Kitinglard says this will be a major problem to us which hopefully Bluepark will sort out!

I've had a look, had a chat with my account manager and registered for everything, pretty sure it won't be a big job - a matter of matching the netdespatch api calls to the pro shipping one.
    Have to say as much as the APC api was pretty rocky to start with its a massive improvement over the netdespatch one now.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've had a look, had a chat with my account manager and registered for everything, pretty sure it won't be a big job - a matter of matching the netdespatch api calls to the pro shipping one.
    Have to say as much as the APC api was pretty rocky to start with its a massive improvement over the netdespatch one now.
    I’m looking at Royal Mail’s shipping API. Is it your opinion that anyone could successfully obtain API credentials, i.e. would it be a viable option for any Bluepark customer?

I believe there’s an API call limit of 500 per day, but I’m assuming there are paid upgrades?

I’d like to think there was something we could salvage from our NetDespatch integration, especially if the calls are similar.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Iím looking at Royal Mailís shipping API. Is it your opinion that anyone could successfully obtain API credentials, i.e. would it be a viable option for any Bluepark customer?

I believe thereís an API call limit of 500 per day, but Iím assuming there are paid upgrades?

Iíd like to think there was something we could salvage from our NetDespatch integration, especially if the calls are similar.
    Have you had any luck getting access to the Shipping API yet Rich?

I had Royal Mail on the phone to me today re Net Despatch so I was able to sound off about the 6 weeks notice given - not that it will make any difference. Anyway, I did stress that they need to look at Bluepark rather than my individual website. I worry that they're clueless about how this works as I kind of had to explain about e-commerce platforms! Anyway, the person did say that would investigate and get back to me. She also acknowledged there had been many complaints about the very short notice period. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by greggrant View Post
    I had Royal Mail on the phone to me today re Net Despatch so I was able to sound off about the 6 weeks notice given - not that it will make any difference. Anyway, I did stress that they need to look at Bluepark rather than my individual website. I worry that they're clueless about how this works as I kind of had to explain about e-commerce platforms! Anyway, the person did say that would investigate and get back to me. She also acknowledged there had been many complaints about the very short notice period. I'll keep you posted.
    Good update thanks. Yes, the notice period is very short!

Rich had his application for an account to access the Shipping API rejected by Royal Mail because Bluepark are not a direct customer of theirs. I've escalated this with our RM account manager and he was getting someone in the netdespatch 'migration' team to call Bluepark to discuss and allow them access, so hopefully things might move forward soon as timescales are very tight.

A further update from RM who just called again. They claim that they are now working with BP to integrate Click and Drop - perhaps someone from BP can confirm this is the case. RM were hopeful that the integration will be ready before the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by greggrant View Post
    A further update from RM who just called again. They claim that they are now working with BP to integrate Click and Drop - perhaps someone from BP can confirm this is the case. RM were hopeful that the integration will be ready before the end of May.
    Yes indeed, I was informed two days ago that we are now likely to receive a Click and Drop integration in the next couple of months, which would be the perfect solution. Thanks to everyone who voted for this via RMís site.

We have extended dedicated support for our API and will give them literally any resources they need to get it done. This will be a very important integration for Bluepark and virtually all of our customers, Iím very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes indeed, I was informed two days ago that we are now likely to receive a Click and Drop integration in the next couple of months, which would be the perfect solution. Thanks to everyone who voted for this via RM’s site.

We have extended dedicated support for our API and will give them literally any resources they need to get it done. This will be a very important integration for Bluepark and virtually all of our customers, I’m very excited.
    Thanks for confirming that Rich.

Just had this from RM - Great News

We are pleased to announce we have now begun work on a direct integration with Bluepark web stores.
    We cannot yet offer a fixed date for when this will be released.
    Administrator
    Business Analyst, Click and Drop

Any update on how this is progressing? We now have only 12 days until NetDespatch is switched off.

Phew.... Just got an email from NetDespatch and the new date of termination is 29th June Fingers crossed Royal Mail will have Click and Drop sorted by then!

I've just had a call from RM telling me that my BP website is now integrated with Click & Drop. Good news except I don't see a BP update. Maybe RM have jumped the gun slightly?

The Bluepark integration was available on Tuesday this week and I sucessfully added our API credentials. RM C&D shows that connection is successful but I have not been able to get orders to pull across into C&D. C&D states that it will only pull over orders that have a status of 'processing'. I'm assuming this is equivalent to an order having been 'picked' in BP and a despatch note created but am trying to get this confirmed. I'm really hoping it pulls across despatch notes and not entire orders because we regularly part-ship and I'm not sure how we would get around this.

The RM netdespatch migration support team appear to have very little technical knowledge of the integration (and none of BP), which is incredibly frustrating, and I cannot seem to talk directly to tech support. Worse still, on chatting to Liam and James at BP it seems that the integration tech team (who might be Storefeeder apparently) have had very little contact with BP during the process so my confidence in this working smoothy is very low at this point.

Although the ND interface was clunky, it worked flawlessly from within BP and you can print and ship with one click. I believe we could have moved to an almost identical situation if RM had allowed BP access to their API (Pro Shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitinglard View Post
    The Bluepark integration was available on Tuesday this week and I sucessfully added our API credentials. RM C&D shows that connection is successful but I have not been able to get orders to pull across into C&D.
    UPDATE - RM have now resolved this so orders are now pulling across. I would urge other BP users migrating from ND to C&D to feed back any issues to RM as it's clear the integration is very much a work in progress.

Will there be any information on Click and Drop and what we need to do? Bluepark??

Quote Originally Posted by amberpumpkin View Post
    Will there be any information on Click and Drop and what we need to do? Bluepark??
    There has been no involvement by Bluepark in this and they don't have any influence on the integration that has been written by RM, so they won't be able to assist. You need to contact the Click & Drop support team to register for a C&D account (they should have sent you an e-mail to do this if you are already a NetDespatch user).