Thread: Offering Game of Thrones bundle deals while maintaining stock levels?

Question Offering Game of Thrones bundle deals while maintaining stock levels?

We're just about to run a bundle deal on the "A Song of Ice and Fire" (Games of Thrones) miniatures game.

Basically, there is the core game and several expansions, which are all individual products, with individual prices and stock levels.

The bundle will basically be a "Buy the core set and 4 expansions at a great price" promotion.

I was going to set this up as a separate product ("bundle deal") but then realised that it may mess up the stock levels.

So is there a way of creating the new "bundle" product in such a way that it adjusts the stock of the individual components if one bundle is sold?

Or am I better off doing this using the discount manager to create the promotion using the existing products? Bear in mind that I do want to give the option of not buying the bundle - ie. you can buy the base set at a discounted price on its own, or you can buy the base set at the regular price but get a bunch of expansions with it, but at a much better price than buying them separately.

As far as I am aware, if you setup a bundle deal as a separate product then the individual stock levels change as a bundle is sold, maintaining the correct stock levels.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Awesome, just found the new bundle feature, does exactly what I wanted! There was me faffing around trying to do it with options and stuff...

What's the 'new' bundle feature? Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by bornfree View Post
    What's the 'new' bundle feature? Have I missed something?
    Bundles is not a new feature it's been available for many years.

Cate did a blog post back in April 2015 on how to create a bundle product
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/blog/how-...e-product.html
    Regards,

Dave

"Bundles is not a new feature it's been available for many years."

I know that - I use it! I raised the question because the poster used the phrase 'new bundle feature".

I know that - I use it! I raised the question because the poster used the phrase 'new bundle feature".
    Well good for you then and sorry for bothering to answer.
    Regards,

Dave

Sorry, I read a post, which described it as a new feature, but I failed to spot the post was several years old. Also, I've been using bluepark for years and had never seen this feature before!

No problem. Just thought I'd missed out on a new feature!