Thread: MyHermes Surcharges

Default MyHermes Surcharges

Does anybody have a list of PostCodes that MyHermes adds a surcharge , such as Scottish Islands , been online to get a quote to send a 2-10kg parcel from Bath to Isle of Barra and it was £8.49 instead of £6.49 on the mainland of Scotland, I don't mind the surcharge, somebody has to 'pay the ferryman ', but it would be nice to know which one postcodes will cost more, so we can pass it on to the customer. I know you can get a list from FedEx as when we used them, they did supply us with it.
    Many thanks in advance
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

I just searched but couldn't find it, they do have a list of remote extra charge postcodes because we used to to use them and have seen it in the past. Perhaps do online chat and ask them?

Tried Online Chat, and have emailed them, they just do not read what you have written, first with the online chat, they said they don't use surcharges, it's all the same price, told them they were wrong and gave them my example, they went away and came back with they charge by the distance, which is a load of dog pooh, on the email they just sent a link to their website, suppose it's what you get for using a cheap service, pay peanuts, get monkeys
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

Hi Steve,

Not sure about Hermes but I'm assuming all the couriers work the same way when it comes to two day areas and increased charges to match.

We use DPD and have the following postcodes setup to charge more for delivery
    AB31-38, AB41-56, BT, FK17-21, GY, HS1-9, IM, IV1-63, JE, KA27-28, KW0-17, PA20-80, PH15-50, TR21-25 and ZE1-3

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Dave

Fantastic Dave, I will use that list to do mine, thank you very much
    Steve.

bluepark10 -10%

Just an update on this, been emailing MyHermes about which post codes they surcharge, and they reckon they don't , but when I give examples of this surcharge, they replied last night that Scotland is classed as International Shipping I give up!
    Steve.

bluepark10 -10%