Thread: Stopping Feedback request email

Question Stopping Feedback request email

There's a customer that I really really don't want to get the Feedback request email. Is there any way to stop it being sent?

If I change the Feedback request email "days" setting to zero (ie. don't send emails) does that only apply to orders placed after I change the setting, or will it stop the emails being sent immediately?

ie. If it is set to 7 days currently, and I set it to zero on day 6 of this customers order, and reset it on day 8 - will the customer get the email?

Change the email address on the customers order, that way they will not get the feedback email. You can then change it back after a few days, if you wish. We do this sometimes and just stick a few 1's on the end. eg me@you111.com
    Last edited by martinobi; 15-05-2019 at 17:19. Reason: typo

I recently asked support about this and they said if you add the email address to the unsubscriptions list in the marketing menu that will sort it
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by martinobi View Post
    Change the email address on the customers order, that way they will not get the feedback email. You can then change it back after a few days, if you wish. We do this sometimes and just stick a few 1's on the end. eg me@you111.com
    ok, that's worth a try. I guess it's all down to the way BP handles the emails (ie does it add the emails to an internal list at order time, or does it look them up as it's about to send them?)

But I'll definitely try that.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    I recently asked support about this and they said if you add the email address to the unsubscriptions list in the marketing menu that will sort it
    I don't believe that's the case - we've had a couple of examples where the customer received the email despite being on the unsubscribe list, and one of them even having their account deleted (see separate thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    I don't believe that's the case - we've had a couple of examples where the customer received the email despite being on the unsubscribe list, and one of them even having their account deleted (see separate thread)
    OK, that's what James at BP told me. I suppose the only way to test it is to place a dummy order and see what happens
    Chris

If the Settings menu > Orders tab > Always send follow-up emails option is enabled, the system will send the customer the product review email. You will need to un-tick this option to ensure they are not sent to the customer that has not opted in.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If the Settings menu > Orders tab > Always send follow-up emails option is enabled, the system will send the customer the product review email. You will need to un-tick this option to ensure they are not sent to the customer that has not opted in.
    I'm confused. How do we set it up so that all customers get the review email irrespective of thier newsletter opt in/out choice. Unless they have specifically asked not to receive the review email?
    Chris

If you would like customers to receive any of your system generated follow-up emails, regardless of their opt in / out choice, you will need to enable the 'Always send follow-up emails' option.

If you would like customers to receive any of your system generated follow-up emails, regardless of their opt in / out choice, you will need to enable the 'Always send follow-up emails' option.
    How do we stop individual selected customers from receiving them?
    Chris

Adding the email address to the Unsubscription section will prevent any follow-up emails from being sent to the customer. The only email they will receive is the Order Confirmation and Order Completion emails.

Adding the email address to the Unsubscription section will prevent any follow-up emails from being sent to the customer. The only email they will receive is the Order Confirmation and Order Completion emails.
    Thanks for clarifying that James
    Chris

Hi James

I've done a couple of test orders and that doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Could you contact support and provide information about the test orders and email addresses please? I will need to take a closer look at the issue.

Hi Chris,

Could you contact support and provide information about the test orders and email addresses please? I will need to take a closer look at the issue.
    Hi James

Email sent
    Chris

Thank you for the examples.

We have made a change to the Bluepark system, adding the user's email address to the unsubscriptions section will prevent the user from being sent any follow-up emails, even if the 'Always send follow-up emails' option is enabled or disabled in the Settings > Order tab.

Thank you for the examples.

We have made a change to the Bluepark system, adding the user's email address to the unsubscriptions section will prevent the user from being sent any follow-up emails, even if the 'Always send follow-up emails' option is enabled or disabled in the Settings > Order tab.
    Many thanks James
    Chris