Thread: Any thoughts and some help required :D

Default Any thoughts and some help required :D

So been playing around with some adverts to test the water with my free credit on bing, this helps me get some ideas on keywords etc... but one thing was evident is no landing page, so over last 2 days i have been playing around, and trying learn HTML / CSS at same time - Consider myself fairly literate in IT (i work in it full time)
    So have come up with the following

https://www.furnishd.co.uk/
    The full site. I left it the standard background colour as it suits the product and actually really really like it on a personal level

https://www.furnishd.co.uk/dining-room-home.html
    My attempt at a landing page - there will be one for each group of main keywords to land on, im going on the top 3 rooms people buy furniture for, bed/living and dining (the kids one will have a page, but dont think i will do an advert for it on its own except in spring to tie in with other sales periods) - Also need to resize the text below the images but thats minor one.

But, this one is the problem.

As you can across the top just under the navigation bar, IO have created a block with key things like courier / discounts / security (but will also occasionally have big hitting headlines)
    But, for the life of me i cannot get it too show correctly on mobile, when i view my site on mobile all the titles/links in that box are just over lines, messy and look down right ugly
    Is there a way i can have mobile content put each one of them links on a separate line in the block? or even 2 to a line just so it looks tidy and neat?

Lastly, any comments would be appreciated , good or bad, given im a one man band slowly trying to get my head around this, whilst learning the various aspects of eCommerce that i didn't know .. - Coming from open cart which has its own twig code (yes i know i need to sort out logo, its with a graphic designer at work , costing me a 'coffee to get a logo and marketing headers)

Your new site looks very good at a quick scan. My only comment is I think your landing page needs to be punchier to retain the traffic
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Loxta View Post
    Your new site looks very good at a quick scan. My only comment is I think your landing page needs to be punchier to retain the traffic
    Thanks for your comment, and yes im looking for sometihng to give the landing page a bit of punch, im toying with a background image under the cards, but not sure how the text will come out, or creating a new card that will be a "sale or Featured special" for each area just to give it a nice bit of 'oommpphhh'

Quote Originally Posted by Furnishd View Post
    But, this one is the problem.

As you can across the top just under the navigation bar, IO have created a block with key things like courier / discounts / security (but will also occasionally have big hitting headlines)
    But, for the life of me i cannot get it too show correctly on mobile, when i view my site on mobile all the titles/links in that box are just over lines, messy and look down right ugly
    Is there a way i can have mobile content put each one of them links on a separate line in the block? or even 2 to a line just so it looks tidy and neat?
    Hi,

Firstly the HTML in this block is a bit of a mess which unfortunately is a trait of using any WYSIWYG editors as they have a tendency to throw up spurious code. I have cleaned this up for you as well as included some CSS to align everything nicely including the mobile site - see the attachment...

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hi,

Firstly the HTML in this block is a bit of a mess which unfortunately is a trait of using any WYSIWYG editors as they have a tendency to throw up spurious code. I have cleaned this up for you as well as included some CSS to align everything nicely including the mobile site - see the attachment...

Mike
    Mike

Thanks VERY muchly for this ...

I have to admit that banner was my first 'attempt' at coding in that sense, but it was as you clearly saw a bit of a hack job, i found the core code on a site and hacked it into what you saw

But you definitely win todays' Gent n Scholar award
    3967174b4565861e4a537cb92ce03e9c5614b31a47f93522f95b985ccbc718eb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Furnishd View Post
    Mike

Thanks VERY muchly for this ...
    Hi,

No worries and your welcome. Looks a lot better on mobile now, but I also noticed that your logo is missing on your mobile site - this is because you must have missed off the '}' when you cut and paste the code. So to confirm, look for this:

Code:
    #head-tags img {
    margin-right: 10px;
    and replace with:

Code:
    #head-tags img {
    margin-right: 10px;
    }

That will fix it then and your logo will be back,

Mike

aye the logo im waiting for my designer to sort out, so not too worried about that, but will ensrue that the code snippet is on

I had a quick flick through. Looks good. Well done. Your link to bookcases is broken though.

My only other thought is that your product descriptions are a bit short and lacking. Say more, not less

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    My only other thought is that your product descriptions are a bit short and lacking. Say more, not less
    Aye this is somthing i have toyed with, and i have struggled with 2 points,

1 - Its hard to describe a bed in anything much more than a few lines without rambling sometimes as you can see the description is little more than "its a box" its made of wood.I have struggled with this, but i am trying to work through products that have little / poor description and focus my seo/keywords on bigger ones and hope it can drag the 'lil ones along'

2 - The supplier description is sometimes really lacking, and until i notice a non existent product description or really dodgy title i dont get chance to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    I had a quick flick through. Looks good. Well done. Your link to bookcases is broken though.
    and thanks will look at the dead link and get sorted, and thanks muchly for compliment

71mNuNaBALL._UL1500_.jpg

www.furnishd.co.uk
    Furniture your home desires, at a price your wallet desires.
    Online only furniture store
    5% discount for forum members enter code "bluepark05" on checkout max 3 uses per account

Believe me, if I can burble on about a rubber dog ball, you can say a lot more about a bed or piece of furniture. Sell it. Say how great it looks, comfortable it is, why they need/want it etc.. It helps the customer, helps SEO, helps sales... win win. Yes, pop keywords in there but as you talk about the product that should happen naturally.