Thread: Processing customer returns

Default Processing customer returns

How do fellow users process returns? It seems that BP changes the original sale transaction rather than generate a separate credit note (and tax point) for the return. This is a problem that I imagine other users would have come across. There seems no way of simply extracting the info meaning we have to do it all offline. Any suggestions?

I find exchanges incredibly difficult in BP. I rarely bother even trying. As you say, the only way seems to be to amend the original order via remote control. I find it quite unsatisfactory.

Same here. You have to amend the original order and swap out the product, then deal with any total differences. What I would really like is a credit function that just adds a credit to a customer's account. I currently do this using loyalty points, but it's a pain. I know that we, legally, have to give refunds if requested, but refunds cost money, of course, and credits are easier when a customer is happy to have one.

For a straight return, I modify the original order, mark it as unshipped, then refund it.

I don't do credits but I do think exchanges should be able to be done properly in BP rather than this strange amending of original orders.

Yes, completely agree. I would also like to see functionality for lost/damaged orders. I need to be able to reship an entire order and have it adjust the stock numbers accordingly. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often, but, as with all of my change requests, I'm told "it's not something anyone else has ever asked for".

I am often told that about things too. I was beginning to think I was odd, lol