Thread: Finding the exact referal page of an incoming link

Question Finding the exact referal page of an incoming link

So using BP's Site Stats, or Google Analytics, I can see I'm getting referrals from various websites.

But how do I see the exact page that the referral came from? ie. I can see that a big website is linking to me, but I can't see from which page.

Is it possible to get that from BP servers (do we have access to any of the server logs?) or somewhere in Analytics?

Go to Analytics > Acquisition > Referrals then click on the domain and it will show you the path

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Go to Analytics > Acquisition > Referrals then click on the domain and it will show you the path
    That only worked on one domain. The others came back with a path of "/". Except bluepark which came back with a path of "/forums/showthread.php"...

if it's "/" that means the homepage. Are you running any ads that could account for the referrals?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    if it's "/" that means the homepage. Are you running any ads that could account for the referrals?
    Sure, but I'm guessing that it is just giving the homepage rather than the exact link because of some limitation, rather than every one of the hundreds of referrals from pretty much every website being from the home page. That just seems unlikely.

I'm not sure why they would limit from some domains and not others but maybe