Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else's website going slow?

just using chrome

Would be interesting to find out what others with problems are using, perhaps there is a common theme.

All fine here.... will add we did a speed test on the various api's we use a few weeks back.... BP was the fastest out of all of them, by a long long way.

Pretty sure its going to be something more to do with your setup.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Pretty sure its going to be something more to do with your setup.
    Or you're just on a faster server (sharing with less other websites)

Slow today mostly on Safari. Switched to Chrome and was better but may be a coincidence as normally ok on Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    Or you're just on a faster server (sharing with less other websites)
    Given how long we've been with BP, i'm sure its pretty full as will be one of the earlier ones.
    Regards

Neil.

I am reasonable sure it is not my setup, I regularly clean everything up and have tried all I can think of, I also clear my cache everyday to check a few keywords. Also if there were something on my setup responsible then for some reason it only targets the BP dashboard as when it is slow I can open other sites at the same time and they are fine, the broadband here is pretty fast and very reliable.

I think there are too many people complaining of the same thing to be a coincidence, my theory would be large sites doing intensive actions, maybe things like email newsletters, uploading orders to external sources, extreme heavy traffic, importing/exporting....

Going back a number of years I had a much worse issue than this happen a few times, it turned out that a site on the server kept getting some sort of attack which was overloading the server, so there are limits.

Also find it is worse during the day which would seems to support my suspicions, at 7:15 in the evening now my site is lightning fast!

If you could all list the browser you are using at the time of experiencing this issue, that would be great. Some browsers will display what resources are currently being loaded, Fire fox shows this in the bottom left corner. If you are experiencing a slow down when loading a page please look for this display and note down what resources it is trying to load.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Just tried in Chrome and Firefox which both have a white bar at the bottom if that is what you mean James?

Was a little slow and it said on both

waiting for www.mysite.co.uk...

The three dots at the end were actually there (in case you though I was abbreviating)

Just a thought, have you tried working from a different physical location to see if the problem follows you? You could try the website at a friends or family, this would hopefully isolate it to either being a server issue or a local issue.

Quote Originally Posted by martinobi View Post
    Just a thought, have you tried working from a different physical location to see if the problem follows you? You could try the website at a friends or family, this would hopefully isolate it to either being a server issue or a local issue.

Would be almost impossible to accomplish this as it is very intermittent and by the time I got there would it would be fine. Actually working somewhere else for a day would be completely impossible for many reasons, also it would be just my luck I picked a good day, for example today has been very good, apart from a little slow down first thing it has been nice and zippy all morning

Yep mine has been running slow for about a month now, sometimes hanging for upto 20 seconds on a page, I use bluepark at home and in the office, on pc and on mac, with superfast fibre broadband, there is something seriously wrong without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    waiting for www.mysite.co.uk...
    That's what mine does... (in chrome)
    Last edited by DarkStarGames; 24-10-2019 at 09:10. Reason: added browser

Our site is intermittently very, very slow, all other sites within tabs very fast and we are on Fibre BB. Using Chrome. Took about 30 seconds to load order manager about 5 minutes ago.

boom, it's superfast at the moment...

Same here...its like its on steroids to how it was before!

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    Same here...its like its on steroids to how it was before!
    Well if we're all seeing fast and slow periods at the same time, it's pointing less to our individual setups and more to BP as the common factor.

Mine has been really good all day, the best its been in weeks, I have had no issues at all today which has not happened in a long time...

very slow this morning on chrome and safari, in chrome white bar at bottom just says "waiting for...... my website address"

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    very slow this morning on chrome and safari, in chrome white bar at bottom just says "waiting for...... my website address"
    Could the issue be with your domain name or ISP provider ?
    Regards,

Dave