Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else's website going slow?

who knows I normally find it pretty quick, Im just reporting back as James asked us to. (other sites are fast so not my end)

Our site has been slow for some weeks now, when viewed in chrome bottom left corner states waiting for (www,mysite.co.uk)
    We have an external script with ekomi review system but even switching that off makes little difference. Back end admin is also slow to load.
    We are on the enterprise level of bluepark. Have raised a support issue. Can take several seconds to load a page.
    Wes

yesterday and this morning... SLOW SLOW SLOW

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    yesterday and this morning... SLOW SLOW SLOW
    I've been monitoring this thread, during the last few weeks I would hope that you've seen an improvement. At the time you wrote this post, there was indeed a spike of activity, but it lasted around 1-2 minutes, no longer than that.

We have actually introduced a number of measures recently to combat "bot" activity, which appears to come in waves/spikes. Bots have always been the enemy of every web host, and their activity is higher than ever, but we are doing our very best to minimise any performance impact.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I've been monitoring this thread, during the last few weeks I would hope that you've seen an improvement. At the time you wrote this post, there was indeed a spike of activity, but it lasted around 1-2 minutes, no longer than that.

We have actually introduced a number of measures recently to combat "bot" activity, which appears to come in waves/spikes. Bots have always been the enemy of every web host, and their activity is higher than ever, but we are doing our very best to minimise any performance impact.
    It doesn't seem to be the website though, it's the admin screens. Is the admin side of things on the same server? Would bot activity slow the admin side down but not the website? ANd it was for more than a few minutes. And I didn't write the post immediately so probably not the spike you saw.

Yesterday and today it has been REALLY slow on the admin side. I'm just in the process of setting up and configuring one product took me a couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise-John View Post
    Yesterday and today it has been REALLY slow on the admin side. I'm just in the process of setting up and configuring one product took me a couple of hours
    yeah, our admin pages are still slow, but I guess it's not affecting the website as today's our busiest day ever!

Maybe black friday is having an impact on the servers? although it' still not been explained by BP if the admin pages and website are on the same physical server, or if the website slows down at the same time as the admin pages...
    Last edited by DarkStarGames; 29-11-2019 at 15:27. Reason: black friday

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If you could all list the browser you are using at the time of experiencing this issue, that would be great. Some browsers will display what resources are currently being loaded, Fire fox shows this in the bottom left corner. If you are experiencing a slow down when loading a page please look for this display and note down what resources it is trying to load.
    Chrome. 11:42 today; from the product page, clicking the "View on site" button. Took 20 seconds to display the page, then the next 3 were fairly instant, then the next one took 8 seconds...
    Chrome. 11:20 today; from the product page, opening the editor on the content tab. took about 8-10 seconds then came up with a "connection reset" error in the editor window.
    Crhome. 17:34 03/12; in the products section, typed in word from the title in the search bar and clicked "go" - took ages to find the product. normally instant.
    Chrome. 17:38 02/12; 10s to do something that I can't read my own writing.

What I've noticed recently is up to about 9am the speeds are what I would expect but after that lots of peaks and troughs throughout the day. No timeout issues but very very slow sometimes in all areas of admin.
    Regards,

Dave

I would say during the day my Admin panel work is a normal speed but any evening work is very slow.

Been very slow at times for me today also...I am editing products which does make it more noticeable.

The speed for the last god knows how many weeks is completely unacceptable to be honest and is not only very annoying, but is also impacting my workflow, and what someone said above is correct I am working all sorts of hours at the moment and the site is fast at 2am, 4am, or 7am but during normal working hours and evenings it is stupidly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    The speed for the last god knows how many weeks is completely unacceptable to be honest and is not only very annoying, but is also impacting my workflow, and what someone said above is correct I am working all sorts of hours at the moment and the site is fast at 2am, 4am, or 7am but during normal working hours and evenings it is stupidly slow.
    22:01 Sunday night, hardly peak time - pop server just timed out on 2 of my sites, also taking ages to do stuff in admin. Just tried to open the orders screen from the menu and it just sat there doing nothing for ages....

Admin panel slow at 15:23 - 15 seconds to save an order that was marked as shipped.

I have been running speed tests on my website and it is not uncommon for me to have seen 15 seconds just to load a page, and as for the admin, it is painfully slow. To be honest I dont know how many websites are being crammed on one server, or who with but this level of speed is not fair in 2019, even if I had to pay more a month for super quick servers, lets just do it, or at least give us the option.

If fact has anyone noticed how lightening fast blueparks own website is, interesting.

I have been having lots of slow speed issues lately, I have just done an external speed test on my homepage with the below very worrying results...14.6 seconds to load the site is not to be expected in this era

Performance Scores

PageSpeed Score

(43%)
    YSlow Score

(66%)

Page Details

Fully Loaded Time

14.6s
    Total Page Size

2.03MB
    Requests

Running the test again showed a 4.71 seconds speed and just now a nice fast 1.03 seconds which shows what it is capable of...

In the space of 30 minutes it has ranged from 1.03 to 14.6, this is an external test and nothing to do with my set up.

Without a shadow of doubt, the admin pages are slower.

Thanks to everyone at Bluepark for getting the speed issues rectified, most appreciated
    Regards,

Dave