Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else's website going slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks to everyone at Bluepark for getting the speed issues rectified, most appreciated
    Thanks Dave, I'm glad you noticed. I won't go into all the details, there has been a broad combination of factors, but we've been working flat out on this issue since the weekend. The maintenance last night was the last link in the chain, and I think the platform is performing very well today.

We've also banned a significant number of bots which have been sweeping through our servers at various times of the day, and this is something we're now reviewing on a regular basis. It didn't used to be such a problem, but bot activity has skyrocketed this year. It looks like a trend that will continue (I think many of them are scraping prices for comparison, as they typically search for brands and products).

Rest assured, we will never tolerate poor server performance, and we never have.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Yes, I am seeing huge improvements today in speed.

I was a little hesitant at first thinking it might be a “good time”, but very pleased this is down to steps BP have taken...well done!

I'm experiencing a slow website over the past few weeks. It seems it's the initial TTFB that seems slow as you just wait for it to find the BP server and after 10-15 seconds if finds it and loads the page in quickly.
    Can anything be done about this? I was just on the phone to a customer and couldn't look at my own website as it wouldn't load!

I have experienced a slow admin panel also at the same time, if the website wont load i switch to the admin panel and that doesn't load either.

It just took 16 seconds to see the 1 user online from the dashboard after clicking users online ..... there’s no denying something’s changed ....

Is it just me or has everything slowed right down again? friday 16:00-17:00 was slow and it's slow this morning as well...

Mine is really slow again. It started a few days ago.

Over the Christmas and New Year everything was fine, front and backend of website was flying. Presumably because so many people had a long break. However, since 2nd January the speed issues have been returning almost daily and it's just so blinking slow at times
    Regards,

Dave

I gave up adding products earlier this morning as it was taking forever to add options, SKU's etc. It does seem a bit better since just before lunch but it was painfully slow before that.

Not just the backend either, the website itself is really slow as well which is somewhat more worrying... Maybe time to split some of the websites off onto a new server so there's not so many sharing?

Yes, we have been really slow last few days, I have only just came onto the forum but it did get so bad I sent BP an email a short while ago before I saw this.

Also having speed issues here, both front and back end it seems.

Very, very slow again this afternoon both back and front end, the periods of slowness seem to be getting more frequent.

Yep, us as well now. Sometimes it is blisteringly fast, others it frustratingly slow.

What's being done Rich?? No point in saying contact support, everyone could do with an answer.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yep, us as well now. Sometimes it is blisteringly fast, others it frustratingly slow.

What's being done Rich?? No point in saying contact support, everyone could do with an answer.
    Hi. ours is very slow again both admin and customer side. Very bad this afternoon and very patchy for the last 48 hours.

Just had a customer ring to say they could not process an order and the site was not doing anything, I was trying to set him up a discount code but could not, the whole situation was a shambles.

Luckily this is a repeat customer who we have a good relationship with, although it makes me wonder if other customers would bother to call.

I phoned BP who didn't really have an answer.

This situation is getting extremely frustrating and worrying

Ridiculously slow today. I have marked a product as shipped and it has been over 10 secs saving so far. Am writing on here while I wait. Not good.

BTW, like others have mentioned, I am also seeing this slowness on the store front as well as the back office today.

Me too.

It may not be related but we seem to have had these problems ever since the lightbox windows were introduced.
    Chris

Now our site has started going slow.
    Richard

So far today everything is flying so fingers crossed
    Regards,

Dave