Thread: How do people use Click and Drop, please?

Default How do people use Click and Drop, please?

I've asked BP for a user guide, but I don't think they understood what I was asking for (it's all done within C&D etc), when what I'm after is what your daily routine looks like, how do you deal with backorders, pre-orders (because it doesn't do orders over 7 days old?), reshipments, replacements, any other kind of exceptions.

Basically, I'm on OBA, so I print invoices on integrated label paper, pick them, pack them, put the address label on, stick on a PPI and post it.

How does Click and Drop change my processing?

I'm a really small company and I need to know what to expect before I make a big change like this.

We supply photo / picture mounts, so we make for each order, so our C&D is straight forward, as as we make ofr each order, we do not have part shipments or back orders, so we just print off the payment emails, and the invoice in the order manager (this goes in with the mounts) , then we cut the mounts, wrap them, put them in grey mailing bags, write the post code on the package, and weight the package, write the weight on the payment conformation email. Next login into C&D, which downloads all our orders from all our channels, we then click on each order in turn, apply postage - entering the weight and which class of postage - then print the label which has the name and address on and qr code, stick the label to the package, put package in mail sack, then after all the orders are done, we manifest the shipments Then when we look back in the order manager, the orders are marked dispatched, we fine it much quicker than before, but our way of working is very simple
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    We supply photo / picture mounts, so we make for each order, so our C&D is straight forward, as as we make ofr each order, we do not have part shipments or back orders, so we just print off the payment emails, and the invoice in the order manager (this goes in with the mounts) , then we cut the mounts, wrap them, put them in grey mailing bags, write the post code on the package, and weight the package, write the weight on the payment conformation email. Next login into C&D, which downloads all our orders from all our channels, we then click on each order in turn, apply postage - entering the weight and which class of postage - then print the label which has the name and address on and qr code, stick the label to the package, put package in mail sack, then after all the orders are done, we manifest the shipments Then when we look back in the order manager, the orders are marked dispatched, we fine it much quicker than before, but our way of working is very simple
    OK, thanks for taking the time to write that out for me :-)

So, you weigh each order and then have to update C&D with each weight. I'm guessing C&D still uses weight bands like 100g, 250g, and sizes like Letter and LL, Small parcel and so on?

Also, can you combine two orders together under one shipping label?
    Last edited by PatchworkRabbit; 03-09-2019 at 15:40.