Thread: Increase in orders with first name twice e.g. Fred Fred

Default Increase in orders with first name twice e.g. Fred Fred

Just curious to know if anyone else is getting this and if lots of us are, whether BP can do anything about it? I always used to have a few cases where the auto fill on people's devices had screwed with their name when they were checking out but it is even worse now.

e.g. Fred Fred instead of Fred Blogs

The auto fill function on people's devices presumably looks for fields called things like 'name' and tries to auto fill them. It is becoming a real issue. It is only a matter of time before someone doesn't get an order because their surname is missing.

Had one the other week , Tanya Tanya, but I think that's the only one, I thought it might be the customer being weird, also she did not collect or arrange redelivery from her sorting office of her order as it was sent back to us by Royal Mail, nor did she contact us about it, when it came back I emailed her about it, no reply so cancelled the order and refunded her, then blocked her
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

I would say it is definitely an auto fill issue.

For us we get a lot of incorrect field fills. This I am sure is Crafty Clicks not mapping the fields properly to BP. We get a lot more from Crafty Clicks that Postcode Anywhere. We are always correcting them, most of them are obvious, but we get email addresses in the name field etc etc, address in company field. It could partly be the user but its definitely worse with Crafty Clicks than Postcode Anywhere.

I was wondering if BP could somehow block the field auto fill function or find away around it but if not many of us are interested or having an issue with it, I will just be told it is just me again, lol.

I think blocking it wouldn't be good as the postcode integrations surely need it too.

We've had this and I assumed it was people (who mainly pay by paypal) not wanting to give their last name (maybe for security reasons?). But autofill makes more sense. I also get autofill errors with the customer's year of birth being populated into the company field.

Not seen double names, but one of our sites apparently has a lot of people with companies called "Mr" or "Mrs", we also note a fairly regular occurrence is for the house number and street name to be split into different fields, and a few email addresses in the first name field....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    Not seen double names, but one of our sites apparently has a lot of people with companies called "Mr" or "Mrs", we also note a fairly regular occurrence is for the house number and street name to be split into different fields, and a few email addresses in the first name field....
    We get this a lot. I think it's because some customers assume they have to fill each field, they don't realise some fields are optional.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    We get this a lot. I think it's because some customers assume they have to fill each field, they don't realise some fields are optional.
    No, pretty sure it's the auto-fill...

What auto fill is that?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    What auto fill is that?
    The autofill feature of various browsers or other apps that fills in the customers name and address to save them keep typing it in. And apparently isn't great at correctly identifying the correct fields...