Thread: Discount system update request

Default Discount system update request

I have just been testing a new discount in the discount manager and whatever it was I did it caused all my other discounts to be disabled. All 800+ of them. Fortunately I spotted it within the hour but if I hadn't they could have been off for days. To re-activate them I had to go through them one at a time and click the red flag then wait for the screen to refresh before going on to the next. You can imagine how long it took to reactivate all 800+ of them.

BluePark: please could we have an update that warns us when one of our discounts is going to cause others to be disabled, and a quicker way to enable/disable multiple discounts in one go.

Thanks
    Chris

800 discounts! .....Blimey

Quote Originally Posted by swg View Post
    800 discounts! .....Blimey
    Yes you can imagine how long it took to reactivate them 1 at a time
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    I have just been testing a new discount in the discount manager and whatever it was I did it caused all my other discounts to be disabled. All 800+ of them. Fortunately I spotted it within the hour but if I hadn't they could have been off for days. To re-activate them I had to go through them one at a time and click the red flag then wait for the screen to refresh before going on to the next. You can imagine how long it took to reactivate all 800+ of them.

BluePark: please could we have an update that warns us when one of our discounts is going to cause others to be disabled, and a quicker way to enable/disable multiple discounts in one go.

Thanks
    Wow...800....I thought we were bad at 230....but totally second this request....had enough issues when we were moving the discounts around and merging them last year...this would be a real help

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wow...800....I thought we were bad at 230....but totally second this request....had enough issues when we were moving the discounts around and merging them last year...this would be a real help
    Good news on this, I emailed support and Rich kindly made an update to the system. This is the reply I had from him.

We've changed the system to present a warning the first time you try this, if there are conflicts found.

You then have to repeat the action, if you're sure, so there should be no further mass deactivations.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Good news on this, I emailed support and Rich kindly made an update to the system. This is the reply I had from him.
    That's great, do you know if the warning lists the products affected, as this would be super useful in the event of assigning or re-assigning a large number of products!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    That's great, do you know if the warning lists the products affected, as this would be super useful in the event of assigning or re-assigning a large number of products!
    No it doesn't, it tells you how many discounts it will deactivate but not which ones.
    Chris