Thread: Include Tracking Link In Dispatch Email

Default Include Tracking Link In Dispatch Email

When we complete an order we place the Parcelforce tracking number in the the "Tracking Number" box on the order page, click "Completed" and an email is sent to the customer ( Email :: Ordercompleted :: Body).

We'd like the email to include, "Parcelforce Tracking Number: 12345 678910", with this also being a direct link to the parcelfore site with the customers info autofilled in.

Looking at previous forum posts it seemed that creating the link as below would do the trick, but no joy so far

, "<p><a href="https://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?trackNumber=%tracking" rel="noopener" target="_blank">ParcelForce Tracking</a><br />

Any clues as to what the link should be?

Regards
    Tom

Assume you have put the link into the Tracking Address (URL) box under the fulfilment tab for the required shipping method(s) in the shipping editor ? Also you will need to remove some of the code otherwise it won't work anyway ! We use DPD and our code read's as follows which will give you some idea what I mean.

HTML Code:
    https://www.dpd.co.uk/tracking/quicktrack.do?search.consignmentNumber=%tracking&search.searchType=16&search.javascriptValidated=0
    The above link is how it will appear in the e-mail to the customer with their tracking number replacing %tracking.

Above the tracking link in their e-mail it will say "Your unique Tracking Number for this shipment is xxxxxxxxx" You can change this in the language manager to whatever you want.
    Regards,

Dave

PS Have a look at this page which I hope might help you regarding the correct format to use for the tracking URL

https://www.royalmail.com/royal-mail...ng-our-website
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave. The Parcelforce site gives the link below as an example;

"http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...=EC080250821GB"

Under the Shipping Methods - Fulfillment tab we have;

"http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...mber=%tracking"

Still nothing appears on the email sent, (Email :: Ordercompleted :: Body in the language manager)

Anything I might be missing?

You haven't removed "Your unique Tracking Number for this shipment is %a." by any chance from the language manager next to Youraccount :: Tracking :: Text
    Regards,

Dave

Nope, still there.

Just logged in as a test customer and in the customer My Account section the order is there and at the bottom of the order details page is: "Tracking Number: testtrackingnumber12345"

Clicking on this takes me through to the Parcelforce tracking page just as we'd like.

So it looks like the info is there, it's just not displaying on the Email :: Ordercompleted whichis sent when completed.

Don't understand why it's not showing then on the completed e-mail. Have you looked at the e-mail in the e-mail log ?
    Regards,

Dave

Checked it, just the same as received to the test email address. It's an odd one.

I have edited the dispatch email via the Language Manager, but looking at the original from the Stock English it doesn't appear that I've removed anything required. I can't really think where to go from here so will drop BP a line.

Thanks for your help though.

OK Tom, I was going to suggest to drop BP a line.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
    Regards,

Dave

So, Chapter 2...

The site I've been talking about, where the tracking info isn't appearing on the email, is a Slave site.

Tracking is actually working fine on the Master site, with the correct link and accompanying text appearing correctly.....

EDIT FOR ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME SITUATION

So, it seems on the slave site we had edited the the confirmation email. We wanted to send an email saying the order had been dispatched, but not include all the order details (what items were ordered, how much, cost, etc). Because of this the %b variable had been removed.

It looks like part of the info included in the %b variable is the tracking info. Adding it back into the email template now shows the tracking info, as described above.
    Last edited by tomtomg; 11-03-2020 at 16:02.