Thread: Paypal fee changes!

Default Paypal fee changes!

If I read this correctly Paypal will no longer refund their fee, see this which I received from Paypal:

We recently updated our User Agreement in selected markets to reflect changes to our refund policy. As of March, 5th 2020, these changes will go into effect globally.

In line with industry practice and according to our updated policy, we will not charge a fee to process refunds, however fees from the original transaction will not be returned. This policy will not apply to duplicate transactions or voids. You can review the PayPal User Agreement for more information on our return policies.

Yes, they won't refund the fees now.

I'm getting pretty fed up with PayPal. First they changed all the thresholds so I am on a worse rate than I was and now this.

yes it not very nice of them and I feel like dumping them but its good to have a backup in these times, will dump them after though!!!

I'm thinking of dumping them too. Along with their crazy charge back system, I think I have had it with them. This fee thing is the last straw.

When sales are back to normal I am going to do a trial and see if not offering PayPal affects sales.

I also love the new BP refund thing for debit/credit card sales, where it will do the refund for us. Doing a PayPal refund is now such a bore in comparison, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    When sales are back to normal I am going to do a trial and see if not offering PayPal affects sales.
    Never had them on site. Had a few request but can't say iv'e ever lost an order
    Regards

Neil.

Interesting. May do that then :-)

Don't know what all the fuss is about, none of the other payment processors refund the fees when you do a refund or cancel an order
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

But they don't charge such high fees in the first place... well mine doesn't anyway. I've decided to take PayPal off and see what happens. I have been tired of them for a while now but this really is the last straw.

I'm just back on my feet after Itchy Dog went under last August. After a near breakdown I'm now back on my feet doing www.wormcountsfordogs.co.uk which is an offshoot of the old product line. I'm using paypal to keep it ultra simple and my costs down. I didn't want to get involved with more than one processor but should I be thinking about it now? I've only been out of it for six months and things seem to have changed a bit.
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

See BPs most recent update re PayPal. It could be just what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by weetbix View Post
    I'm just back on my feet after Itchy Dog went under last August. After a near breakdown I'm now back on my feet doing www.wormcountsfordogs.co.uk which is an offshoot of the old product line. I'm using paypal to keep it ultra simple and my costs down. I didn't want to get involved with more than one processor but should I be thinking about it now? I've only been out of it for six months and things seem to have changed a bit.
    Welcome back, I wondered where you had gone!! Yes Deefer is right the new update might work, Im still to look into it but this is the info:

"Introducing the New PayPal Commerce Platform
    We are pleased to announce the launch of the new PayPal Commerce Platform, now fully integrated and available to all Bluepark customers.
    We have worked closely with PayPal to produce one of the most detailed integrations we have ever built for a payment processor, and this will be the default payment option for new customers.
    The PayPal Commerce Platform can be used either as the primary payment processor, or as a secondary payment processor. For new customers, the previous PayPal integrations (Standard, Express and Pro) are being retired.
    There are several reasons to consider upgrading from your existing PayPal integration. Firstly, when used as the primary payment processor, this integration supports the entry of credit and debit card information directly on your payment page, but in a way that is completely PCI compliant (SAQ-A). The implementation of 3D Secure is fully PSD2 compliant.
    In addition, the PayPal payment option, available on both the shopping basket and payment pages, uses lightbox technology, ensuring that your customers never leave your site.
    This integration dispenses with the old IPN payment confirmation method, delivering a tighter, ultra-reliable payment solution for yourself and your customers. It supports both instant and deferred payments, along with refunds via the Bluepark Admin Panel, plus webhooks which will update a payment's status automatically.
    For PayPal Payments Pro users interested in switching, there is NO MONTHLY FEE for the PayPal Commerce Platform (currently 20 for Pro) and in most cases lower fees (starting at 1.2% + 0.30).
    To find out more about the brand new PayPal Commerce Platform, please follow the link below:
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/paypal-co...-platform.html
    The PayPal Commerce Platform is available to use now via Integrations: Payment Options, simply select it from the menu and click the Connect with PayPal button to get started."

Thanks for that. I read it and wondered hence the question. I've added the normal pp so will check this out. Ta
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.