Thread: How to suspend website?

Default How to suspend website?

Is there a "proper" way to suspend the website, other than deleting the payment options (although I can't immediately see how to even do that)

oh wait, "none" was at the bottom of the payment provider list... looked for it at the top earlier...

Hi DarkStarGames,

I'm sorry to hear that you need to disable your checkout. Setting the Primary Payment Processor option to None in the General menu > Integrations > Payment Options > Properties tab will disable your checkout pages, a user will not be able to progress past the basket page.

However, please make sure you do not have any secondary methods enabled, like Cheque, Bank Transfer and PayPal. These can all be set to No.

Payment details will be saved, so you can turn them back on in the future.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Not really sure if we do at this point, but with today's lockdown we don't know if we can still take stuff to the post office (probably not) or if DPD are still going to be running. So we're just pausing things until we find out...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    Not really sure if we do at this point, but with today's lockdown we don't know if we can still take stuff to the post office (probably not) or if DPD are still going to be running. So we're just pausing things until we find out...
    Yes if the couriers still work then I dont see why we cannot still do orders. Our staff are staying at home from now on, its just me and my husband going to a closed shop to process the orders so not coming into contact with any other people at all except the courier, I hope this is allowed?
    Last edited by niche; 26-03-2020 at 08:38. Reason: additional

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Yes if the couriers still work then I dont see why we cannot still do orders. Our staff are staying at home from now on, its just me and my husband going to a closed shop to process the orders so not coming into contact with any other people at all except the courier, I hope this is allowed?
    Yes, that's fine, see the government advice on shutdowns here:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ance__002_.pdf

Notice right above the list of retailers is the sentence, "Online retail is still open and encouragedand postal and delivery service will run as normal."

So it looks like the government is happy for us to operate as they want people to stay at home and order online, rather than go outside and mix with people. We just got a bit worried on Monday because someone showed us a summary of the restrictions that made them look more restrictive than they were... In the short term at least we should be able to continue.

Also, spoke to our DPD guy yesterday and he said they had been classed as "key workers".

Yes, that's fine, see the government advice on shutdowns here:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ance__002_.pdf

Notice right above the list of retailers is the sentence, "Online retail is still open and encouragedand postal and delivery service will run as normal."

So it looks like the government is happy for us to operate as they want people to stay at home and order online, rather than go outside and mix with people. We just got a bit worried on Monday because someone showed us a summary of the restrictions that made them look more restrictive than they were... In the short term at least we should be able to continue.

Also, spoke to our DPD guy yesterday and he said they had been classed as "key workers".
    Yes thats really helpful, where exactly did you find that document as I would be interested to see it with future updates? I couldn't work out the source from the link.

Our courier APC said for now it was business as normal but they said they didn't know if later they would need to be doing urgent supply/food deliveries. Our product is not an essential item but people might need to cheer themselves up and are possibly spending time re-vamping their homes so may want our products!!

Yes thats really helpful, where exactly did you find that document as I would be interested to see it with future updates? I couldn't work out the source from the link.
    Started here, which I presume is the "official" goverment place for the coronavirus updates:

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Then I clicked on "All non-essential shops and community spaces are closed" under announcements, then it was under documents

Our courier APC said for now it was business as normal but they said they didn't know if later they would need to be doing urgent supply/food deliveries.
    Our DPD guy said they had been drafted in to help with (I think he said) Waitrose deliveries. But it seems clear that the goverment will try to keep all the delivery networks running, and helping out with supermarket deliveries (though not sure how that would work with chilled/frozen goods as they can't really ship those in the back of a transit van on a warm day...

Our DPD guy said they had been drafted in to help with (I think he said) Waitrose deliveries. But it seems clear that the goverment will try to keep all the delivery networks running, and helping out with supermarket deliveries (though not sure how that would work with chilled/frozen goods as they can't really ship those in the back of a transit van on a warm day...
    I think that is where the "army" of volunteers are going to come in?

I think that is where the "army" of volunteers are going to come in?
    Well I'm sure they'll figure it out and let us know at some point. We just have to be patient.

It's all very well the government saying, "we will do this, or we will do that" (or commentators saying "the government should do this or should do that"), but actually getting them done is going to take an enormous amount of planning and logistics, and that's not going to happen overnight.