Thread: Covid-19 lockdown

Question Covid-19 lockdown

So if* BP users are unable to continue with our business in the short term (ie. if government locks down couriers / Royal Mail) does BP have any plans in place to allow us to suspend / reduce monthly subscription fees for the duration if our sites are suspended?

Obviously, we wouldn't want them shutdown completely, but if they're not selling then we're not making money. So could there perhaps be a "hibernation" membership fee, where the site stays up but checkout is disabled, for a much reduced (bearing in mind the whole point of the website is to sell) monthly rate?

*not saying this is necessarily the case yet, but perhaps at some point. or perhaps now, still waiting to hear back from DPD...

Although I understand your point of view, I personally would be reluctant to request this. Bluepark have ongoing costs just like the rest of us. If Bluepark failed as a business because of this policy then we would all be left without an online presence, which would be very bad.

That's just my opinion though.

Fair enough. Not sure it will be needed at this point anyway. Royal Mail is still operating, DPD are still operating so looks like we're still in business for a while.

What you have to weigh-up is the small individual cost for us to keep a BP website going compared to the substantial collective loss it would cost BP to reduce their fees across the board. Having previously had the misfortune of experiencing another well known 'UK based eCommerce platform' prior to switching to BP, IMO it's both important and mutuality beneficial to support them during this crisis.

Post Offices are allowed to remain open, mail is still being delivered and I saw both a DPD and DHL van delivering today, so the only risk I can see to the delivery side is possible delays from them getting overwhelmed / having less staff.

Stay safe everyone!!

Mike

I agree, we dont want to compromise BP at all, we need them now more than ever!! Paying their fee is a priority, perhaps go down a package if thats an option.