Thread: How's everyone doing?

Default How's everyone doing?

Hello

Haven't been on here for months and just thought I'd check in to see how everyone's doing? Are you busier or quieter? Isolated or not?

I'm just starting out again after losing Itchy Dog to Google and a competitor last year. So wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing.

Hope you're all mostly good.
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

Hi Kate,

Good to see you back and hope you are well?!

Sorry to hear about your previous site. When you say losing to Google, do you mean as in your keywords dropped in their natural search rankings?

Best of luck in your new venture and personally I would definitely mention on your new site that you are an author of three successful books selling on Amazon as straight away that give you credibility and in-turn gives your visitors trust and confidence!!

Mike

Thanks, Mikey

Google did three core updates in six months, two very close together. Then itchpet.com who sell the exact opposite to me and are no competition took all my keywords and outbid me (if you see them be sure to click on their AD!). It's a new company run by three corp heads on venture capital. I had no chance. Went under in three weeks, had to sack my staff, and sell my home. If you google our name they come up top.

I won't be making the same mistake again.
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

Hi Kate,

Wow I am so sorry to hear that!! Hopefully you can get yourself back on your feet quickly with your new venture.

Unfortunately it's become so much more risky these days to operate a single website in a single sector for the very reasons you mention above.

I don't know if you've ever tried Facebook ads, but I follow a few channels on Youtube of people who have very quickly built-up a six-figure monthly turnover eCommerce business (mainly drop-shipping) just by advertising on this platform alone. By using all the information Facebook hold and their algorithm, you can put your ads directly in-front of your target audience, so maybe worth considering giving it try.

Again, very best of luck!!

Mike

P.S

I notice you have a rogue arrow within your header that is no longer in use. If you wish to get ride of this, simply remove the following code from the CSS:

Code:
    #par1:after,#par2:after,
    #par3:after {
    content: '';
    width: 6px;
    height: 6px;
    border-bottom: 3px solid #e30;
    border-right: 3px solid #e30;
    transform: rotate(45deg);
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: middle;
    margin: -6px 0 0 15px;
    transition: .3s;
    }

#par1:hover:after,
    #par2:hover:after,
    #par3:hover:after {
    transform: rotate(405deg);
    }

Also, if you wish to centre the main image on your homepage, add the following to the CSS code:

Code:
    div#cb_id_CONTENT.isblock img {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

Sorry to hear about your business, that was a tough break.

We're not eligible for any government help whatsoever, so we are just having to try to carry on the best we can...

Thanks, I'll check that out, apparently it's the best place to advertised right now as everyone's keeping in touch on it. I'm going to be putting stuff on three main channels, plus physical stores. Thanks for your lovely words, been a bit quiet due to covid. All good. Hope all's good with you.
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

thank you, I kinda know what you're talking about. I'll add it to the list.
    Cheers
    Kate

Worm Counts For Dogs

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.