Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

Thumbs up List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

It seems we have no visibility of what features are on the "official" development to do list, nor any way of influencing it.

It also seems like feature requests made on the forum seem to go nowhere a lot of the time, with the comment coming back from BP that there is no demand for it. But there is no way for us to express a demand for it!

I remember a while back we were asked to put forward some suggestions, maybe it's time for that again?

How about if everyone replies to this post with feature suggestions (either new or just provide a link to an existing thread), then I'll compile them and maybe set up a poll that we can vote on? And then we can send it to BP.

I'll start by suggesting these:

Add users to groups depending on what they purchase (better marketing)
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...-they-purchase

Switch product reviews on/off on a user and product basis (stop inappropriate requests)
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...eview-requests

Allow selection of unpicked orders on order screen (speed up admin procedures)
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...n-order-screen

A few amendments to the sales stats (better stats)
    https://www.bluepark.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=feature

looks like it's going to be a really short list then...

I think a feature request facility needs careful thought and, ideally, input from BP as to how it can be planned, hosted, actioned, etc.

ok, but we've been with BP for years and as yet no such system exists, despite the idea cropping up repeatedly.

Maybe you can start a new thread requesting a request procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    How about if everyone replies to this post with feature suggestions
    OK here's my list, but I won't hold my breath

ORDER PROCESSOR

1. Show order date on despatch notes
    2. Disable the Refunded column and Refunded (£) box for certain admin users
    3. Disable the “Delete” option from the status menu for certain admin users
    4. Disable the “Cancelled” option from the status menu for certain admin users
    5. Disable the “Shipped: All Picked” option from the status menu for certain admin users
    6. Set the channel dropdown to default to “None”
    7. Create Custom Paperwork for orders. We can currently only print Despatch Notes and Invoices. We would like to be able to create custom paperwork. e.g.
      • A blank despatch note for use when drop shipping on behalf of our customers.
      • A delivery note with space for the customer to date & sign for the delivery when we are making local deliveries in person or when a customer is collecting in person from our premises.
      • A works order that we can use to send through to our work room for bespoke items.

8. Make random entries in the activity log. So that notes can be added that show date & time and show the admin user name.
    9. In the despatch notes tab, have a link to the carriers tracking, same as the link users have from their account page.
    10. To be able to prevent the customers order confirmation email being sent when entering an order up via remote control.

CATEGORY MANAGER

1. Activate, deactivate or delete all products in a category with one click

DELIVERY SYSTEM

1. Prevent similar delivery option from displaying to the customer. The Shopping Basket can often show similar delivery methods. e.g. the customer may have the choice of Royal Mail large letter, Royal Mail packet or Royal Mail parcel. Would it be possible to create a system where we could group similar delivery methods together and give them a priority number, if more than one option is available from the same group only the one with the highest priority number is displayed to the customer.
    2. Force the customer to enter a postcode (for UK orders only) before they can see the delivery options for that postcode

PRODUCT EDITOR

1. In the Attributes tab, the value field to show the full text rather than only showing the first 40 or so characters
    2. Assign discounts at a variant level
    3. Set min & max order quantities at variant level
    4. Set shipping code at variant level
    5. Calculate and display prices to 3 decimal places in the discount manager e.g. £0.255 (25.5p)
    6. Show which discount is assigned to a product

FORMS

1. A field with a date format, possibly that could be selected from a pop-up calendar
    2. An email field where the customer has to confirm the email by re-entering the email in a second field (which must match).

EMAIL LOG

1. Show emails from the last 30 days

SITE STATISTICS

1. Be able to drill down and see all pages visited rather that just seeing the last page

CHANNELS

1. Have a common shopping basket across different Bluepark sites

DISCOUNT MANAGER

1. Be able to search for discounts by name rather than having to click from page to page until you get to the discount you want.

CUSTOMER CHECKOUT

1. Force new customers to re-enter their email address during checkout as a check against typos.

SEARCH

1. The ability to link to search results.

INVENTORY MANAGEMENT

1. Low stock emails whenever items are sold below the minimum stocking levels, not just when the minimum level is reached as at present.

PRODUCT REVIEWS

1. Be able to Archive inactive reviews without needing to delete them.
    2. Use links in admin responses to reviews

OTHER

1. Have a copy of the customers order confirmation emailed to us.
    Chris

I have been with Bluepark for a long time now, but the development pipeline has always been their weakest point. The green shoots of the feedback email we received a while back have long since diminished unfortunately.

This always seems surprising to me especially when you look at all the good work that Rich and the BP team do.

Some "basic" items from me:
    - Google/Apple Pay
    - Add Customer Order to Despatch Notes
    - Increase in App Development or Connectors from the API (or have a hookup to Zapier or Integromat)
    - More Access through API (ability to access purchase orders via the API and despatch note database)
    - Send despatch note copy to internal email address
    - Developing or taking on the 3rd party stock take software that worked well

These are a few quick wins that would help us out
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bornfree View Post
    I think a feature request facility needs careful thought and, ideally, input from BP as to how it can be planned, hosted, actioned, etc.
    Just to say, we've got a new Feature Request system coming, which will work in a similar way to Royal Mail's feature request system that was used to collect votes for our eventual integration.

It will enable our customers to create feature requests, collect votes, and for us to mark them as under consideration, planned for development or not viable.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just to say, we've got a new Feature Request system coming, which will work in a similar way to Royal Mail's feature request system that was used to collect votes for our eventual integration.

It will enable our customers to create feature requests, collect votes, and for us to mark them as under consideration, planned for development or not viable.
    Sounds excellent. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Sounds good Rich, looking forward to this
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

I would like a green tick or anything that stands out to show that an item has been edited - for example stock quantity I know it says last edited and the date but it would be good if there was something that would stand out

also I would to be able to delete items in bulk (without having to export/import) just a tick box and a delete all ticked button would be great, i've got so many old lines of stock I am ever going to get in again that I would love to be able to quickly delete in one go

Amazon integration if my absolute biggest request - removing the hell of updating stock is the important thing for me, anything more is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    Amazon integration if my absolute biggest request
    Never understood why BP'ers want to integrate with ebay/amazon - isn't the whole point of having your own website so that you don't have to sell via 3rd party market places with their biased rules and crazy charges? What's the appeal? Is it just to try and get customers that you then direct back to your main website?

Never understood why BP'ers want to integrate with ebay/amazon - isn't the whole point of having your own website so that you don't have to sell via 3rd party market places with their biased rules and crazy charges? What's the appeal? Is it just to try and get customers that you then direct back to your main website?
    The appeal for us is that it upped out turnover by about 40% with very little effort. We don't have to sell there, we want to, it makes great business sense.

We really wanted the integration but we've managed to make it work for a couple of years without it and to be honest, we probably wouldn't use it now. We list our products differently on the various platforms in order to make the most of each one. I don't think simply plugging in your BP listings into Amazon would be effective enough for us.

But don't amazon charge something crazy like 15% of the sale price?

But don't amazon charge something crazy like 15% of the sale price?
    They charge something like that, it's a pretty standard fee, but so what? They've taken their cut and still given us tens of thousands of pounds we wouldn't have made otherwise.

It doesn't make sense to me to not want all those sales and profit because Amazon makes money too. It's not for everybody but we've found it very profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    They charge something like that, it's a pretty standard fee, but so what? They've taken their cut and still given us tens of thousands of pounds we wouldn't have made otherwise.
    I guess it depends on your margins. For a lot of online retailers that would be all (or more) of their profit!

I guess it depends on your margins. For a lot of online retailers that would be all (or more) of their profit!
    15% Margin? Eek!

Yep, certainly not for everybody but if you have good margins I'd say go for it

for the new list - Ability for customer to filter out "out of stock" items...

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    Amazon integration if my absolute biggest request - removing the hell of updating stock is the important thing for me, anything more is a bonus.
    This is already available through the integrations.... BP need to let someone else have the hassle and concentrate on their own web store software.
    Regards

Neil.

Is it possible to have the columns for Location & Purchase Order Qty available to show in the Order Processor screen? It would assist when talking to customers to know if you already have stock on back order without having to open another screen or tab.