Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

A few suggestion from me:

1. The option to add a second image for thumbnails so when visitors are perusing through products they can hover over the picture that will then reveal the second image. This is ideal for products where the back of the product is as equally important as the front such as clothing for example.

2. On mobile sites the product image zoom is currently handled by placing your finger on the screen and dragging the image around, the problem being is that your finger often ends-up in the way of your view. Personally I would prefer a pop-up lightbox with image pinch-zoom & drag and a clickable 'X' to close. This also helps keep consistency with the desktop site.

3. Again on the mobile sites, more flexibility with the positioning of the nav bar with the option of being able to have it fixed at the top and also sticky when it reaches the top to again keep it consistent with the desktop site.

Mike

Customer uploads

A little confirmation picture when people upload a photo/image. I see a lot of people uploading the same image multiple times as they don't think it has worked or can't see exactly what they uploaded to be sure it was the correct image, so they try again and again. Most of my uploads folder is full of duplicates from frustrated and unsure customers.

And talking of uploads, I would like to be able to restrict what can be uploaded, so for example accept .jpg .png etc... but not allow .mov or .zip etc... We should have a tick box or whatever in our settings so we can choose what is and isn't allowed, by file type or size or both. I once had a customer upload an entire zip file of every photo they ever owned and it took my site offline for hours because I exceeded my BP storage space, all because of one silly customer upload.

Upselling

Amazon are king of this. I hardly ever leave with just the one thing I went on there to buy. If their system of showing you stuff right in front of your eyes could be replicated I think we would all sell more. I know we have related products and customers also bought but Amazon do it in an unmissable way and it is always stuff I think wow I never saw one of those before but I like and want it.

Load More

I think page 1, 2, 3 etc... of products in the categories looks quite dated these days. Most sites have a 'load more' thing appear. I think it is much more enticing / clickable and therefore encourages customers to look at more pages of products rather than page 1 and leaving.

A delivery cut-off time countdown timer on the product pages would be a nice feature to have as not only does it offer a concise clarity, but it also creates a sense of urgency (or FOMO). Whenever I've shopped on sites in the past that display "order within the next hour for next day delivery" for example it's definitely made me buy it there and then rather than coming back later.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    A delivery cut-off time countdown timer on the product pages would be a nice feature to have as not only does it offer a concise clarity, but it also creates a sense of urgency (or FOMO). Whenever I've shopped on sites in the past that display "order within the next hour for next day delivery" for example it's definitely made me buy it there and then rather than coming back later.

Mike
    There's a couple of third-party scripts knocking around somewhere on the forum which does this. However, I agree it would be nice if it was built into BP as a standard feature.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    There's a couple of third-party scripts knocking around somewhere on the forum which does this. However, I agree it would be nice if it was built into BP as a standard feature.
    Hi Dave,

Yes I think this would make a nice standard feature too and I know that you could implement it yourself, but then you'd need to keep going into the code to make any amendments. It would be good if it was an official feature that could be integrated into the BP system so it can be easily set-up and managed within the admin console.

Mike

Just to add whilst I remember, Product Tabs that are only available to signed in customers and bulk pricing tables that are populated from the latest pricing
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    But don't amazon charge something crazy like 15% of the sale price?
    eBay fees work out around 13%.

If you add listing fees and a division of the shop subscription then it's more.

[QUOTE=Trevor;58963[/QUOTE]

Just clicked on your www.cafexpress.co.uk link and got this security warning ⚠
    cafeexpress.JPG
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

One of the things that comes to mind immediately is that I would like to see improved is the ability to manage the Attributes.

We are looking to change a lot of attributes and what attributes, are assigned to what products

It would be a lot easier for us, if we could see what products have what attributes assigned to them like in the category manager

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    One of the things that comes to mind immediately is that I would like to see improved is the ability to manage the Attributes.

We are looking to change a lot of attributes and what attributes, are assigned to what products

It would be a lot easier for us, if we could see what products have what attributes assigned to them like in the category manager
    Yes, that would be useful. Plus the ability in include/exclude them from order confirmation emails as we can with invoices & despatch notes and to be able to include them in some refine blocks and not in others.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Yes, that would be useful. Plus the ability in include/exclude them from order confirmation emails as we can with invoices & despatch notes and to be able to include them in some refine blocks and not in others.
    Additionally (for us anyway) it would be useful if the attributes were able to be linked automatically (instead of having to do all the link work ourselves) to others with the same attribute, so if a user clicks on an attribute on the site, it would show all products with the same attribute assigned. Obviously, being able to turn this feature on and off per attribute would also have to be included.

I would like to be able to create a link to an individual product tab.
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Try this to link to a tab:

https://shop URL/product-URL?tab=x

x= 0 for tab 1, 1 for tab 2, 2 for tab 3, 3 for tab 4, etc.

Hope this helps, best wishes,

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    Just clicked on your www.cafexpress.co.uk link and got this security warning ⚠
    cafeexpress.JPG
    TY for the heads up

I put off buying an SSL cert till the last minute on that site.

SSL now in place so should now all be OK.

Thanks for your reply Geoff, but that only takes you to the product page with the specified tab open, but if the tab's below the page fold it's not visible,

What I need is something like an anchor to link to so that it jumps to the specified tab.

Thanks
    Chris