Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

Is it possible to have the shop pull new and pre-order products to the front page in a carousel? It is something we have on our eBay shop and thought it might be better than the banners which take time to make every product cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by LMN118 View Post
    Is it possible to have the shop pull new and pre-order products to the front page in a carousel? It is something we have on our eBay shop and thought it might be better than the banners which take time to make every product cycle.
    I know this is something I, and others have raised, on this forum. Last time I spoke to BP, this was on their radar, but a long way down the list...so I guess this is something we need loads of votes for when BP get the feature request/vote thing sorted

Pricing capability upto 3 or 4 decimal places when manually adjusting the price in the cart
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

My biggest request is to be able to specify a quantity on the "addable" related products. I use this function to show which threads are required to complete a project. If the customer needs 2 of one colour, I have to specify that in the page content (which often doesn't get read) and then I get an email complaint that they needed 2 but only got 1. It's also annoying that I can't put hidden products on the addable list. That function was removed shortly after I signed up.

My other list of changes is mostly about purchase ordering. I don't agree that anything to do with stock levels is outside the remit of a shopping cart and should require integration with a 3rd party product. One of the reasons I chose Bluepark over Shopify is that Shopify is pretty basic and you have to pay a fortune in integrations to get it to work properly.

Purchase Orders: at the moment we can only delete undelivered products or mark them as complete which affects stock and leads to overselling. Like what happened to me last week. Is it possible to have a complete option that doesn't add the ordered stock in. It is quite often we don't receive goods or the quantities ordered.

Example, we received 2/3 ordered units of a product, if we mark it as complete then it automatically adds the missing item despite only saying we received 2 items in the product line. We then sell 3 items as the product page wasn't opened and then manually adjusted.

eBay integration

Is it possible to add a checklight (little green or red button) next to products that are listed vs products that are not listed. Sometimes products time out off eBay and are removed before stock comes in. Or are pre-orders since eBay still hasn't bothered to add a pre-order feature. Currently it shows products that are allocated to a channel but this doesn't show if they are live. I was wondering if it was possible to do this by BP remembering if an item has been pushed or not.

Holiday

I reckon I can do this without adding a new feature to the store, but is it possible to add a popup window that lets the customer know we are on holiday, currently I edit the basket and checkout titles in the language editor and place a banner but customers can miss these.

Purchase Orders: at the moment we can only delete undelivered products or mark them as complete which affects stock and leads to overselling. Like what happened to me last week. Is it possible to have a complete option that doesn't add the ordered stock in. It is quite often we don't receive goods or the quantities ordered.

Example, we received 2/3 ordered units of a product, if we mark it as complete then it automatically adds the missing item despite only saying we received 2 items in the product line. We then sell 3 items as the product page wasn't opened and then manually adjusted.
    you can modify the amount ordered. I do that all of the time because the products don’t have an “order quantity” concept. So, if I have to order a box of 12 widgets, I used to order “12” then manually change the “display quantity” to 1 box (Sometimes a hundred times per order; it’s infuriating). I stopped doing that because I invariably forgot to change the text and ended up ordering 12 boxes. Now, I just order “1” then change the quantity ordered and received when I check in the item.

Holiday

I reckon I can do this without adding a new feature to the store, but is it possible to add a popup window that lets the customer know we are on holiday, currently I edit the basket and checkout titles in the language editor and place a banner but customers can miss these.
    for this, I added a content block at the top of my pages that has a start/end date. I call it “Announcement” and just change the message and dates. I have one on all the time for Covid updates, at the moment.

Mobile menu where you can expand the categories to show sub categories in the same way as the actual Bluepark dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
    you can modify the amount ordered. I do that all of the time because the products don’t have an “order quantity” concept. So, if I have to order a box of 12 widgets, I used to order “12” then manually change the “display quantity” to 1 box (Sometimes a hundred times per order; it’s infuriating). I stopped doing that because I invariably forgot to change the text and ended up ordering 12 boxes. Now, I just order “1” then change the quantity ordered and received when I check in the item..
    I tried changing the ordered quantity on the PO but unfortunately on save it just changes it back. So for example, we have ordered one unit of "x" product. The manufacturer has discontinued "x" so we won't be receiving it. But the only way to amend the PO is to delete that line because if we mark the PO complete it will auto add that one unit of "x" into stock. This same applies to part fulfilment IE ordered 4 received 2.

I think the problem you have is with case quantities, i.e. you order by the case but sell by the item. Thankfully we don't use POs with our supplier we buy by the case from.

I tried changing the ordered quantity on the PO but unfortunately on save it just changes it back. So for example, we have ordered one unit of "x" product. The manufacturer has discontinued "x" so we won't be receiving it. But the only way to amend the PO is to delete that line because if we mark the PO complete it will auto add that one unit of "x" into stock. This same applies to part fulfilment IE ordered 4 received 2.

I think the problem you have is with case quantities, i.e. you order by the case but sell by the item. Thankfully we don't use POs with our supplier we buy by the case from.
    I'm not sure why you'd want to change an order quantity to 0, though? I tried changing a 3 to a 0 and it set it to 1, which makes sense. There is no point in a line with an order quantity of 0.

And, like I said, I change the quantity ordered all of the time (why I do it is irrelevant) and it works just fine. I've literally just tried it (changed a 3 to a 2) and it saved.

Quote Originally Posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd want to change an order quantity to 0, though? I tried changing a 3 to a 0 and it set it to 1, which makes sense. There is no point in a line with an order quantity of 0.

And, like I said, I change the quantity ordered all of the time (why I do it is irrelevant) and it works just fine. I've literally just tried it (changed a 3 to a 2) and it saved.
    I don't, and have never said I wanted to. What I want is to mark the PO as complete without having to edit the quantities ordered, or delete lines. The PO should save and complete based on lines and quantities received not ordered. That is just common sense. You should not be editing your Purchase Orders as they provide a transactional record with that supplier.

And yes, I got it to work with changing the quantities initially it didn't work on that particular PO but has worked on the latest. Still completely pointless because now my PO and the suppliers held PO are completely different.

when I am updating stock (usually when in a rush ) I sometimes don't the save button I click but obviously not on it everytime,
    there have been a few occasions where I have sold something out of stock that I thought I'd updated stock levels on (marked updated on spreadseets) and it must be because I've not realised the save button wasn't clicked

I know it says Last modified when it is saved but its easy to miss, is there a plan to maybe add a tick or change the Last Modified to another colour so it is obvious its changed?

Also i'd like a way to bulk delete items ( I know you do it through inport/export) but a tick box and delete all tick type box would be great to remove some of the old stock items lingering

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    when I am updating stock (usually when in a rush ) I sometimes don't the save button I click but obviously not on it everytime,
    there have been a few occasions where I have sold something out of stock that I thought I'd updated stock levels on (marked updated on spreadseets) and it must be because I've not realised the save button wasn't clicked

I know it says Last modified when it is saved but its easy to miss, is there a plan to maybe add a tick or change the Last Modified to another colour so it is obvious its changed?

Also i'd like a way to bulk delete items ( I know you do it through inport/export) but a tick box and delete all tick type box would be great to remove some of the old stock items lingering
    Both of these suggestions would be good.

Before a BP update a while back, the modified date & time remained visible which actually made the information useful, rather than the new way where it disapears after a few seconds.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    Both of these suggestions would be good.

Before a BP update a while back, the modified date & time remained visible which actually made the information useful, rather than the new way where it disapears after a few seconds.
    do BP actually look at these suggestions now? don't see an update from them for a long time

I'd like to be able to process exchanges properly, instead of amending the order or creating a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    do BP actually look at these suggestions now? don't see an update from them for a long time

They look at them, but it's not very often anything happens about them.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.T. View Post
    They look at them, but it's not very often anything happens about them.
    It would be nice to hear from them now and again with some feedback

A payments integration with Square