Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

We'd like to be able to display more then 6 images per product.
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

These 2 things would make my life so much easier, i'm sure others would find these really useful too ? please can they be looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I would like a green tick or anything that stands out to show that an item has been edited - for example stock quantity I know it says last edited and the date but it would be good if there was something that would stand out

also I would to be able to delete items in bulk (without having to export/import) just a tick box and a delete all ticked button would be great, i've got so many old lines of stock I am ever going to get in again that I would love to be able to quickly delete in one go

I'm beginning to think no one at BP cares. I am getting a bit tired of being told by BP that my request / suggestion will be "added to the list". I've been with BP for years now and nothing has been done regarding anything I have suggested / requested. In the early years it would be done. I think BP have lost their mojo. Never thought I would say this but I am thinking of moving on. One of the benefits of BP as a small company was that they listened and cared. With that gone I am not sure what their USP is.

yeah, must be a pretty big list by now...

I mentioned something again the other day and was given the stock answer of it will be added to the list.... this list is just the waste bin I think. I pointed out that I had mentioned it years ago... so it should already be on the infamous list. I got no reply. I'm so fed up with it all. They don't even pretend to care anymore. Even the simplest suggestions just get ignored. I would love to see this list and see what things are being planned.

This was near the start of this thread, nearly 18months ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just to say, we've got a new Feature Request system coming, which will work in a similar way to Royal Mail's feature request system that was used to collect votes for our eventual integration.

It will enable our customers to create feature requests, collect votes, and for us to mark them as under consideration, planned for development or not viable.
    I'm assuming this never happened...? It's possible I could have missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Never thought I would say this but I am thinking of moving on.
    Don't get me wrong and I understand your fustrations but with Brexit and the dreaded COVID-19 pandemic the last 18 months have not been normal times for us all. Despite these challenging times Bluepark have not been sat on their backsides doing nothing and have released a number of updates the biggest of which I assume were the various updates for Brexit whilst continuing to support existing and potential customers.

Hang on in there because for the cost Bluepark is the best out there and it works. Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side

Just my opinion but the at the end of the day I understand you have to do what's best for your business.
    Regards,

Dave

I know what you mean Dave but some of these issues have been going on way pre-covid. I really don't understand it. We are the people using their system day in day out yet BP don't seem interested in our opinions. At the very least we were promised a list of suggestions and a voting system. That would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    I know what you mean Dave but some of these issues have been going on way pre-covid. I really don't understand it. We are the people using their system day in day out yet BP don't seem interested in our opinions. At the very least we were promised a list of suggestions and a voting system. That would be a start.
    I went through this 2 years ago Deefer due to the lack of feature enhancements and no clear visible plan of what developments were in place from BP.

I think I tried and tested every similar platform available and they all came with their own issues. I am sure you will go through your own research process but I found only 1 credible alternative, but they were not setup well for B2B.

TBF, BP have never let us down from a hosting perspective and we have committed ourselves to BP for the near future with a new template from Jamie. I do hope that they can increase their customer engagement though to fix/develop some of the features.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Loxta View Post
    I went through this 2 years ago Deefer due to the lack of feature enhancements and no clear visible plan of what developments were in place from BP.

I think I tried and tested every similar platform available and they all came with their own issues. I am sure you will go through your own research process but I found only 1 credible alternative, but they were not setup well for B2B.

TBF, BP have never let us down from a hosting perspective and we have committed ourselves to BP for the near future with a new template from Jamie. I do hope that they can increase their customer engagement though to fix/develop some of the features.
    Site looks good. On this product though it has a test short description and description. Trust me to pick that one 😂

https://www.loxta.co.uk/st90013-stea...ess-steel.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Site looks good. On this product though it has a test short description and description. Trust me to pick that one 

https://www.loxta.co.uk/st90013-stea...ess-steel.html
    Yep, typical you would find the test page!

I need to go through the whole site now and update all the pages - fun task
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Some of these I've requested before, but here goes...

Product page countdown timer:

Example - 'Order within X hours XX minutes for next day delivery'

Helps with purchase conversion/completion as creates urgency.

Product page sale countdown timer:

Similar to the above, but used for sales - again, creates urgency/FOMO.

Alternative product list image:

changes image on hover - good for products where an alternative view is important such as clothing where you want to see both the front & back of the garment.

Mobile template zoom:

At the moment the zoom requires your finger to be held on the image which can then obscure your view. IMO a better solution would be for the image to open in a lightbox which can then be pinched and zoomed.

Tablet mode:

It would be nice to have the option as to what size device the mobile template kicks in as some of the smaller tablets available (Amazon Fire 7" tablet) aren't much bigger now than some modern mobile phone screens (iPhone 13 Max Pro 6.7").

Thanks,

Mike

Default page countdown timer

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Some of these I've requested before, but here goes...

Product page countdown timer:

Example - 'Order within X hours XX minutes for next day delivery'

Helps with purchase conversion/completion as creates urgency.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

We do something that might help you in regards to this. We show a countdown timer on selected products we ship from our warehouse for next day delivery. See screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 21.00.32.jpg

Basically we set a value in "Custom Data 1" in a product where we want to show the countdown timer as we don't want to show it on all products. Then we have the code below in CUSTOM HTML > PRODUCT DETAIL PAGE. This then shows above the add to cart to increase the FOMO. You can change the cutoff time and the days on which you ship so you can skip weekends as we don't despatch on a weekend.

Obviously it doesn't take into account the stock but just thought | would share anyway.

HTML Code:
    <!-- Show NDD Countdown -->
    [IF product_custom1]
    <script>
    $(document).ready(function () {
        setInterval(function () {
            var now = new Date();
            var day = now.getDay();
            var end;

if(day >= 1 && day <= 5) {
                end = new Date(now.getYear(), now.getMonth(), day, 14, 0, 0, 0);    
            } else {
            }

var timeleft = end.getTime() - now.getTime();
            var diff = new Date(timeleft);

$("#timeleft").html("<i class=\"fa fa-clock-o\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i> <strong>Order by 3pm for Express Next Working Day delivery</strong><br><i class=\"fa fa-hourglass-start\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i> " + diff.getHours() + " Hours " + diff.getMinutes() + " Minutes " + diff.getSeconds() + " Seconds");

}, 1000);
    });
    </script>
    <br><br>
    <div align="center" id="timeleft"></div>
    [/IF]

That looks really useful. Do you think there is any way to take the stock into account?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    That looks really useful. Do you think there is any way to take the stock into account?
    If I remember correctly, happy to be proved wrong, you canít use the IF statement to check product availability because it will always have a value whether itís positive, negative or zero.

If BP where to include this function it would be a different matter and you would be able to exclude certain dates.

Quote Originally Posted by iidx036 View Post
    Hi Mike,

We do something that might help you in regards to this. We show a countdown timer on selected products we ship from our warehouse for next day delivery. See screenshot.
    Hi,

Thanks for posting the code!! It works great, but it would be nice if Bluepark could integrate a fully built-in, easily manageable system that takes into account bank holidays etc.

You could add a few lines to the code that looks for the "No stock" text on the product page and then hides the countdown timer.

Code:
    if ($('span#availability2:contains("No stock")').length > 0) {
        $("div#timeleft").hide();
    }
    ***Note that adding the above code will only work on single products where 'No stock' would be displayed on page load. If you have a product with variants (like a t-shirt for example with small, medium and large options) then this wont work if a variant is selected this is out of stock. In order to do this you'd need to use a 'Mutation Observer' which actively looks for live DOM changes.***

Mike
    Last edited by Mikey; 04-11-2021 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You could add a few lines to the code that looks for the "No stock" text on the product page and then hides the countdown timer.

Code:
    }
    Mike
    Thanks for sharing Mike
    Regards,

Dave

Nice one, I'll give that a try when I get time. Thanks.

Nice one, I'll give that a try when I get time. Thanks.
    This is the updated code with the amendment included for 'No stock':

Code:
    [IF product_custom1]
    <script>
    $(document).ready(function() {
        setInterval(function() {
            var now = new Date();
            var day = now.getDay();
            var end;

if (day >= 1 && day <= 5) {
            } else {
            }

var timeleft = end.getTime() - now.getTime();
            var diff = new Date(timeleft);

$("#timeleft").html("<i class=\"fa fa-clock-o\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i> <strong>Order by 3pm for Express Next Working Day delivery</strong><br><i class=\"fa fa-hourglass-start\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i> " + diff.getHours() + " Hours " + diff.getMinutes() + " Minutes " + diff.getSeconds() + " Seconds");

}, 1000);

}

});
    </script>
    <br><br>
    <div align="center" id="timeleft"></div>
    [/IF]