Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: List of stuff we'd like to see (ie. feature requests)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    At the moment the zoom requires your finger to be held on the image which can then obscure your view. IMO a better solution would be for the image to open in a lightbox which can then be pinched and zoomed.
    With reference to the above, I came across this site today which handles it in the manner I suggested which IMO gives a the user a really good UX (especially as it keeps the other thumbnails below so you can access those whilst in the zoom state without having to go back a level): https://www.thesweetstore.co.uk/collections/boxes-hampers/products/create-your-own-pick-mix-hamper-20-fillings

(Obviously view on a mobile phone lol!!)

Mike

Another feature I feel should be implemented which is more of a core feature than an addon is to tell the buyer if we do not have enough stock to fulfil the order at the basket/checkout stage. Currently if someone wants to buy 3 of something and we only have 2, the website will take the order and will simply say 'In Stock'.

We don't show and don't want to show the physical level of stock but it still shouldn't mislead the customer. We have to manually advise customers, as from their point of view, the order is being shipped immediately. Sounds more like a bug than a feature now I read it back!

Quote Originally Posted by MooreSpeed View Post
    Sounds more like a bug than a feature now I read it back!
    Maybe raise the issue with support via a call/email as that definitely doesn't sound right!!

In Settings / Products you have the option to prevent backorders which in your example would prevent the customer from being able to order 3 units, they would only be able to order 2 units, please see the screenshot of my settings. Not sure if that solves your problem or not.

Screenshot 2021-12-02 143445.png

[QUOTE=We don't show and don't want to show the physical level of stock but it still shouldn't mislead the customer. We have to manually advise customers, as from their point of view, the order is being shipped immediately.[/QUOTE]

General - Settings - Product
    Quantity in stock description -> Phrase only.
    As far as I'm aware this should then simply say, "In Stock" when available, or whatever you have in the langauge manager.

Below this are choices for what to do when out of stock (ie, "prevent Back Orders).

We rely heavily on customers backordering goods with us so don't want to set the option to prevent backorders. It was more having the option to advise a customer 'we don't have enough of this item in stock to fulfil your order for immediate dispatch, please continue to backorder or revise quantity' instead of 'In Stock' when some of the goods are not.

You could use the low Low stock threshold field in the product manager (under values), then:

General - Settings - Product
    Quantity in stock description -> Phrase and low stock quantity

You would then show the actual quantity for the product but only if it falls below the low stock threshold that you have set. You can then go into the language manager (if you wish) and adjust the wording to say something like "2 in stock now, additional items will be backordered".

I know that not exactly what you want but I think it's as close as you can get without BP making an update.

Just on the feature requests, I would like have the option for a mix and match bundle option, i.e. we have a gift box bundle, select 3 t-shirt designs from these 6 design options
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but it is so obvious and helpful to customers, I feel sure it must have.... the ability for product reviewers to upload a photo of the product in use / being enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but it is so obvious and helpful to customers, I feel sure it must have.... the ability for product reviewers to upload a photo of the product in use / being enjoyed.
    Yes, totally +1!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Please please do something with the save button so it at least changes colour or ticks so it stands out as being saved, this is becoming an increasig problem for me, I know I have updated stock levels but then get a sale for an item I saved as 0 stock a day or so before,

I have found that if you don't hit the save button bank on in the middle it doesn't save and when when updating lots of stock I miss it, if there was a tick or colour change to confirm updated it would be a lot harder to miss - the date changes yes - bit as it's same colour it's easy to miss

out of the 2 requests ive made this would save me so much time and hassle I sell across multiple selling channels and need to keep on top of my stock levels

I can't be the only one that has this happen to them?

will this ever be looked at and possibly implemented?

the date changes to when it was updated, but it doesn't stand out and if there was just a confirmation flash up or a tick anything to make it stand out or even a 'you have not saved your changes' banner when you move away from the page would be great - please please please

The ability to swipe the image gallery's on mobile phone….. a must these days!

An update to the mobile menu, accordion style is on most websites these days

Quote Originally Posted by OurWeigh.co.uk View Post
    The ability to swipe the image gallery's on mobile phone….. a must these days!
    +1

As well as the swipe which would be a welcome addition, the current zoom requires you to keep your finger on the screen, which of course can obscure the image.

Quote Originally Posted by OurWeigh.co.uk View Post
    An update to the mobile menu, accordion style is on most websites these days
    +1 again!!

Slide-out menus are definitely the modern standard these days. Also at the moment you need to click on the category for the page to load before the sub-categories are then exposed when the menu is clicked on again making for a two-step rather than a one-step process.

The new fully responsive v2 templates are on their way soon and apparently will do away for the need of a separate mobile site, so fingers crossed both of these will get addressed with the update!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    +1

As well as the swipe which would be a welcome addition, the current zoom requires you to keep your finger on the screen, which of course can obscure the image.

+1 again!!

Slide-out menus are definitely the modern standard these days. Also at the moment you need to click on the category for the page to load before the sub-categories are then exposed when the menu is clicked on again making for a two-step rather than a one-step process.

The new fully responsive v2 templates are on their way soon and apparently will do away for the need of a separate mobile site, so fingers crossed both of these will get addressed with the update!!

Mike
    I really hope so!

I would also love the ability to add dropdown product filters across the top of the product listing pages, doing away with the left menu filters.

I would like full access to my subscriber list, with the ability to see them all and delete any of them that I choose to, not just ones in the latest 500 list. A search function in there would also be useful.