Thread: How long to see search results

Default How long to see search results

Hello all,

I've had my website running live now for 1 and a half Months.

I wanted to know what peoples experiences with showing up on Google and Bing are, how long it takes to show. A competitor always shows at the top and I use the same key words, but I can't find my site 10s of pages down.

I have tried adwords, but the returns are too low. Why pay 1 for a click for something you charge 1.95 for?

I come from an era where you put 20 key words in a html tag and that was enough for Yahoo (Google and Bing didn't exist then).

Any tips or people who are ace at SEO most appreciated.

Hi Simon,

There is a very good SEO book on Amazon that I can recommend as unlike a lot of others that just concentrate on the theory, this one includes a practical blueprint strategy plan to follow and a video series accompaniment. Also, if you have any further questions you can email the author and he will reply (often via a personal video!!).

https://amzn.to/2K3KlgN

There is also this paid for online SEO course which I have't personally done, but I hear is very good (plus it offers a free ranking check):
    https://www.freshbananas.co.uk/

Finally, Google offers free learning courses ('Digital Garage') and this one in particular may be of interest:
    https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/...rchable-online

Hope this is of some help,

Mike

Have you managed to make any progress?
    We've been working on our SEO for months and are not seeing any results (tbh we could say it's reduced traffic a little).

We only pay around 6p per click. When we started out we was paying around 14p for about the same return. Without this we would not still be trading as this generates nearly all of our trade. This is after years. Many of our suppliers have their own websites and many many competitors.Our selling price is average around 12.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    Have you managed to make any progress?
    We've been working on our SEO for months and are not seeing any results (tbh we could say it's reduced traffic a little).
    Content.... Content.... Content....
    Regards

Neil.

Yep, we are working on it, but with little effect (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    Yep, we are working on it, but with little effect (so far).
    There is a ton of information here that you may find useful: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There is a ton of information here that you may find useful: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Mike
    We're following all that advice (some is still a work in progress like updating all our H2 tags as on our previous webhost all the h2's were changed to h3's) yet not seeing much improvement. We'll keep working at it, as that is all we can do. Our paid ads budget can only stretch so far.

You have to start thinking about the site as if it was a niche site. The niche affiliate marketers are the best in the business, have learnt so much from them. Once I started looking at the site differently, I moved all my magazine ad spend over to content writers. The difference in rankings has been amazing... we are top 3 for massive search terms against competitors with massive seo budgets.

If you want me to have a peek, drop me a PM.