Thread: Maximum shipping local delivery charge/ volumized corier delivery costs

Default Maximum shipping local delivery charge/ volumized corier delivery costs

With the changing courier costs we now have a major issue.

Larger items like large rolls of bubblewrap are volumnized to cost more, so we have added surcharges depending on their volume, ok upto now.
    But we also offer local deliveries which accounts for over 50% of online sales, these need to have just the standard delivery charge as volume is irrelevant.
    Is it possible to have the national courier service with the extra shipping costs, but the local deliveries with just the standard charges, set as the thresholds.

Many thanks,
    Paul Hopkins - Tel: 0121 706 4646
    https://www.theboxwarehouse.co.uk
    For house moving & storage boxes

Hi Paul,

I think your best way is to setup a second delivery option for local delivery and allow people to select that where required, with the pricing structured without the volume. You can also use the partial postcode exclude and include on both options so customers locally only have the local delivery option to make it even easier for customers.

Hope that helps
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Hi Shaun,
    I have setup a second delivery option and added all the local partial postcodes into the Country tab but the volumizing is added to both. I need to find a way to exclude the added pricing on each of those larger items. Ideally just have the 'Thresholds' to reduce delivery charge as I do not need to have additionaly costs when we deliver ourselves.

Sadly all couriers seem to have done this so I am surprised nobody else has asked about this problem.
    Paul Hopkins - Tel: 0121 706 4646
    https://www.theboxwarehouse.co.uk
    For house moving & storage boxes

Oh okay, so you have added the surcharges in your product price rather than the shipping side.

The only options I can only think of are:
    - providing a discount code for local deliveries that is setup against the high volume products
    - set the volumetric weight for each product and then let the shipping manager calculate the delivery charge based on weight thresholds

Hopefully someone else may also be able to provide some better solutions
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk