Thread: Display both Rental / Installment and Cash Purchase Price on Product Page

Default Display both Rental / Installment and Cash Purchase Price on Product Page

Had a bit of a problem with the need to be able to display both the purchase and rental/instalment prices on some of my products.

Not a perfect solution but if anyone has similar issue then is what the 'fix' looks like ...

https://www.cafexpress.co.uk/coffetek-vitro-x3-duo-es-sfb-coffee-machine-rental

The code would actualy work the other way around to display an instalment option (12 monthly payments of £XX.XX, etc) on a cash price product also.

If it's usefull to anyone else then I can put you in touch with the JavaScript kiddie who did the code for me.

Slightly confused what he's actually done???

But have to say its a bit confusing saying that they are getting 98% discount when they are not.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm assuming the red box - it takes the monthly rental price and multiples it by 30 to give you the cash price if you wished to buy it outright.

Trevor could of course just workout the price and type it in himself, but as there are optional additions that can be added on that alter the price, the custom JS used allows it to auto update the price in real time.
    Last edited by Mikey; 17-07-2020 at 23:26.

I find it a PITA that when you land on the page, I get a 13 page PDF download box
    Cafexpress.JPG
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

Going forwards wouldn't you need to set this up as a separate product to allow you to manage the payments as a subscription payment in BP?
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

But have to say its a bit confusing saying that they are getting 98% discount when they are not.
    As Mikey said. it the red box that holds the code,

As far as I can tell the discount thing is global and so has to be on all products or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    I find it a PITA that when you land on the page, I get a 13 page PDF download box
    Cafexpress.JPG
    Wutt??

Oh blimey, now I am going to have to find out to stop that happening as well

Quote Originally Posted by Loxta View Post
    Going forwards wouldn't you need to set this up as a separate product to allow you to manage the payments as a subscription payment in BP?
    I did consider duplicatiing the products into cash/rental version, yah.

Prob there was that I would have to duplicate all the additions into cash/rental options as well,

Due to the woefull inadequacies of the additions manager (no import/export options) that would be an unmanageable mess

Also considered a cash/rental option to create cash/rental variants.

Prob there being that all variants have to have the same number of payments applied and the additions list would become to confusing for any sane person to use.
    Last edited by Trevor; 18-07-2020 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    Cafexpress.JPG
    The page that your visiting contains an embedded PDF within the 'Brochure' tab and the reason your getting the pop-up box is due to a setting in your Firefox browser. By default, Under 'Options' and then 'Applications', 'Portable Document Format (PDF)' is set to 'Open in Firefox', but somewhere along the way your browser has had this setting changed too 'Always Ask' - hence the pop-up box your experiencing.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    As far as I can tell the discount thing is global and so has to be on all products or none at all.
    This could be sorted with the use of jQuery to remove it on an individual product basis if the title for said product contains a certain phrase or word such as 'rental' for example.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The page that your visiting contains an embedded PDF within the 'Brochure' tab and the reason your getting the pop-up box is due to a setting in your Firefox browser. By default, Under 'Options' and then 'Applications', 'Portable Document Format (PDF)' is set to 'Open in Firefox', but somewhere along the way your browser has had this setting changed too 'Always Ask' - hence the pop-up box your experiencing.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, been running this set up , since just before Lockdown, as you can imagine , I have done a lot of browsing in that time this is the first time/page I have encountered this, didn't realise it was Firefox, going to sort it now, thanks
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This could be sorted with the use of jQuery to remove it on an individual product basis if the title for said product contains a certain phrase or word such as 'rental' for example.

Mike
    Oh, cool!

Thanks, Mikey. I'll look into that