Thread: List unsubscribe functionality

Default List unsubscribe functionality

Spam Tester says we should use a list unsubscribe header in our order confirmations to improve our email deliverability, however, we do not subscribe anyone to anything from our users. Is that strictly necessary, only worrying that mentioning it suggests that we have subscribed them, when we haven't and may upset some customers. Secondly, if we do go down that route could someone point me to the appropriate bit on Blue Park as I assume there is some sort of built in unsubscribe function somewhere, but I am yet to find it.

From spam testers point of view it doesn't sound too serious, as we have 9/10 score now.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieR View Post
    Spam Tester says we should use a list unsubscribe header in our order confirmations to improve our email deliverability, however, we do not subscribe anyone to anything from our users. Is that strictly necessary, only worrying that mentioning it suggests that we have subscribed them, when we haven't and may upset some customers. Secondly, if we do go down that route could someone point me to the appropriate bit on Blue Park as I assume there is some sort of built in unsubscribe function somewhere, but I am yet to find it.

From spam testers point of view it doesn't sound too serious, as we have 9/10 score now.

Thank you.
    Hi Jackie,

I don't think this is anything to worry about. Most reasonable people would understand that an Order Confirmation e-mail is part of the transaction, and for the purposes of GDPR certainly would come under the Lawful Basis for Processing of 'Contract' which is what has been created by them placing an order with you.

If you were automatically adding them to a mailing list, then that would be another issue, but I think it is just a piece of tech going overkill on something that (certainly under UK law - to my understanding you are required to provide) Further to that (as you have said) what would a customer be unsubscribing from?

Any e-mail that requires an unsubscribe option in BP has the 'Unsubcribe' button on it to my knowledge...so no need to be concerned.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 13-08-2020 at 11:35.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.