Thread: Blocks can now be popups.

Default Blocks can now be popups.

Has anyone had any success with this? Just tried making a trial block with Lorum Ipsum content. It just appears as text on the page, no popup, just like any other block...

Turn Blocks Into Popups!
    It is now possible to create popups easily via Content Blocks. Simply create your own custom block and, on the new Popup tab, tick the box to turn it into a popup. Because it's a block, it can contain any content you like, such as text, an image, or a form.
    You are able to configure the delay, in seconds, before the popup is displayed, and whether it's displayed only once per visitor session or every time the page is viewed. You can customise the width, height and padding, the colours, an optional close button, and a semi-transparent background overlay.
    Simply assign the popup to any page, just as you would a regular block. Remember to use popups sparingly, as too many popups can be distracting for your customers!

Having email BP it turns out you need to insert the block into the layout of the page, not just dropping it in to the page content.

Yep, just a brief test I carried out:

Design/Layout -->Content Blocks-->Create New

Block Title "Popup test"-->Popup tab-->check Popup-->Save

Page Layouts-->select page-->select Blocks-->enable "Popup test"

Worked as intended. This is what I was looking for when I suggested a pop up to use for holiday notifications, delays, or other news. Thanks Bluepark!

Yup, a nice addition. My only dissapointment was that from the description I thought it was possible to add a popup to a specific page just by dropping the block into the content, handy for targetted marketting. While it can still be done, it means creating a specific layout with the popup and asocciating it to the page.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomg View Post
    Yup, a nice addition. My only dissapointment was that from the description I thought it was possible to add a popup to a specific page just by dropping the block into the content, handy for targetted marketting. While it can still be done, it means creating a specific layout with the popup and asocciating it to the page.
    Thats the way i'd want to use it as well.

Rich is there no way that this can be made to work this way.... its more logical to have popup per page or category than for the site as a whole to allow for targetting purposes.
    Regards

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomg View Post
    Yes, although is great for us and very timely I can think of further uses as you mention. Also unless I have missed this functionality, would be good if you could set to display for x secs and then it auto close or manual close (as it seems to be now) depending on how crucial it is to take a required action.

Would be great if it could be product specific.

Would be fantastic if we could have pop ups activated by a mouse click on a page, give customer some extra information / instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by NamWRD View Post
    Would be fantastic if we could have pop ups activated by a mouse click on a page, give customer some extra information / instructions.
    If your good with HTML / CSS it's quite easy to do this yourself

There are some good tutorials on the web which should help.
    Regards,

Dave

Is there a way for it to appear on every page? Thinking of using as a sign re the new national lockdown starting Thursday.

Assign the block to a Page Layout in Layout Manager ?