Thread: Facebook & Instagram Shops

Default Facebook & Instagram Shops

Hi all, Ive just set up the new Facebook/Instagram automatic product data feed and its all fine except that on instagram only a few products show, about 30 and I have 1200. They all show fine on my facebook shop. Ive literally spend about 7 hours online trying to find out what's wrong and cannot see any issues. Also spent ages on google trying to find other people with this issue or a facebook shop forum but found nothing that helped. I couldn't even find a facebook "business" user community, perhaps Im looking in the wrong places! Anyone else had this issue with the instagram shop feed?

Thanks.

Kim

Sorry Kim I can't help with your issue but I'm interested in setting this up myself, do you recommend any tutorials on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Sorry Kim I can't help with your issue but I'm interested in setting this up myself, do you recommend any tutorials on the topic?
    I just followed Cate’s Bluepark Blog. Was quite straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    I just followed Cate’s Bluepark Blog. Was quite straight forward
    I'll check it out, thanks! Did you get sorted?

Yes I did sort it but Instagram only shows products that are tagged so it seems.
    Last edited by niche; 09-09-2020 at 20:44. Reason: Typo

Ah ok, I'll need to look at instagram next.

I have facebook working, but I think I might have got a setting wrong. There doesn't seem to be any link from the facebook product, to the product page on the site, does yours have this? I actually had already set up a shop some months ago on facebook just to have a play and I wonder if the setting is wrong somewhere.

Also, I don't know if you've had this but the bluepark export threw up some very old products we've not sold for an age! They weren't deactivated so I guess that's why but worth checking

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Ah ok, I'll need to look at instagram next.

I have facebook working, but I think I might have got a setting wrong. There doesn't seem to be any link from the facebook product, to the product page on the site, does yours have this? I actually had already set up a shop some months ago on facebook just to have a play and I wonder if the setting is wrong somewhere.

Also, I don't know if you've had this but the bluepark export threw up some very old products we've not sold for an age! They weren't deactivated so I guess that's why but worth checking
    Im no expert Im afraid did you follow Cate's instructions step by step? I already had a shop too on Facebook and adapted it from there, but followed Cate's guide very slowly!. The products on facebook do link to my website product page. It shouldn't show deactivated products I dont think.

I did follow ok, it all works, just don't see the link to my shop. I must have set the shop up the wrong way initially

I am just going to cross post this from another feed as this one feels just as appropriate

'I've just set my Facebook shop up, but at the moment, Facebook keeps removing things saying they contravene their terms....so I am having to appeal lots of things.Also having to look at how we input things into BP as Facebook seems to want certain information and if you use some fields for custom info, Facebook doesn't seem to like it. '

I recently set up my fb shop (I had an existing one but had not bothered with it in ages). A good few of my products were blocked - they seem to thing many were "adult" products or they were live animals for sale (I hardly think a picture of a dragon egg on a greeting card or art print is a live animal for sale!).
    My Instagram shop is currently pending approval, will have to wait about week for that apparently.