Thread: Pop-up on mouse exit

Question Pop-up on mouse exit

I've noticed on a few websites recently a feature where a pop-up window pops-up when the mouse cursor is heading towards the 'X' close button on the browser tab.

Does anyone know how that's done, or have any code for it?

We use GetSite Control which gives you the option of doing that.

I don't visit a site a second time if they have that

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    I don't visit a site a second time if they have that
    Yes I hate popups !
    Regards,

Dave

I also hate pop-ups, but if they're leaving anyway... and the pop-up offers a discount...

I hate popups too but if there was one I would prefer a popup discount at the beginning not at the end!

Offering a discount so easily often looks like you are over charging in the first place and you are desperate to make a sale, I offer discounts but for buying more than one item

Offering a discount so easily often looks like you are over charging in the first place
    lol, he says with a 10% discount code in his footer!

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    lol, he says with a 10% discount code in his footer!
    That's for fellow memebers of the forum, as a gesture of goodwill to other members, not as a desperate seller who offers a discount as soon as anybody lands on a page or about to leave the page.
    Ther are other members, who hike up the P&P on top of thier products, I was going to buy something for 1.99 ( from a forum member), which would have fitted into a matchbox, but this seller wanted 3.99 for 2nd class postage, that is a rip off, in the end I got it on eBay,for 2.99, I pride myself on trying not to rip off any cutomers
    I shall re-thing this discount

That's for fellow memebers of the forum, as a gesture of goodwill to other members, not as a desperate seller who offers a discount as soon as anybody lands on a page or about to leave the page.
    I'd hardly consider it desperate to offer a small "limited time" discount to a potential customer who's about to leave the site, possibly for good. Many large and very successful companies bombard their customers with discounts and it obviously works for them.

Ther are other members, who hike up the P&P on top of thier products, I was going to buy something for 1.99 ( from a forum member), which would have fitted into a matchbox, but this seller wanted 3.99 for 2nd class postage, that is a rip off, in the end I got it on eBay,for 2.99, I pride myself on trying not to rip off any cutomers
    I shall re-thing this discount
    Well I don't know how your prices compare to your competitors, or what your margins are, or how you would define "ripping off" - so I can't comment on that. But I would suggest that if I was a loyal and regular repeat customer of yours and I found out that some bunch of random people were able to buy the exact same items for 10% less than I was paying - simply because they used a brand of software that you also use - I probably wouldn't be best pleased.

Well, my loyal and regular repeat customers do get a discount, as I add them to user groups, the more repeat orders over certain amounts, earn more of a discount , same with my customers in my bricks and mortar shop. Also I have nothing to hide, if any of my customers found this forum, they can see that I own a website that they already buy from, where on this forum, most members seem to have something to hide about the websites they run, and to say it's to stop the competition from finding them is a cop-out

most members seem to have something to hide about the websites they run, and to say it's to stop the competition from finding them is a cop-out
    Some members have links in the their signatures and some don't, some have the homepage in their profile set to their website and some don't, some like labelking have their forum username match their domain name and some don't.

Some members simply don't want to advertise their website(s) on the forum as there is very little benefit in doing so.

Personally I think you saying most members have something to hide about their websites is being a bit harsh Steve.
    Regards,

Dave

I've always been told that having links on an open forum can leave you open to spamming. I've got nothing to hide - well maybe those chocolate buttons that I don't want the kids to find

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Personally I think you saying most members have something to hide about their websites is being a bit harsh Steve.
    Sorry Dave, but I see very few members with any links, sometimes it helpful to look at thier website if something is not happening or they have a problem,

Think I'd better take a break for a while

Sorry Dave, but I see very few members with any links, sometimes it helpful to look at thier website if something is not happening or they have a problem,

Think I'd better take a break for a while
    Very true Steve, it is difficult when you're trying to help someone and being able to look at their website and code would be great help.

Don't stay away for too long
    Regards,

Dave