Thread: Stripe payment problem - missing P&P

Default Stripe payment problem - missing P&P

I have a weird thing happening with Stripe.

Stripe is taking payments, apparently at random, short by exactly my P&P charges.

Message against such payments as follows ...

"A payment of 95.72 was expected, but a payment of 84.92 was authorised via the payment processor.

This happened because the customer reached the final page of checkout with 84.92 in their basket, opened a new tab in their browser, changed the value of their basket to 95.72, then returned to the original tab and submitted payment for the original amount.

Please check the transaction via your payment processor and contact the customer to rectify the issue."

1. I have never had this before so I guess more likely a Stripe caused problem than a BP one.

2. Every desktop using customer affected so far is sure that they completed their transaction in one browser window alone.

3. At least one such order was on a mobile phone where multiple windows would be impossible, I think?

Has anyone else come across anything like this?

Where are you getting this message??
    Regards

Neil.